Luxury Watches, Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches auction on 7 June 2013
Golden Times – Patek Philippe’s Reference 2499 and other highlights in the “Luxury Watches, Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches” auction on 7 June 2013
The name Patek Philippe has always stood for tradition and the best in watchmaking craftsmanship. After all, the Geneva watch manufacturer originally founded in 1839 is the source of some of the world’s most valuable watches. The Patek Philippe Reference 2499 in a noble 18k yellow gold case is, like no other watch, symbolic of the brand’s quality. It was introduced in 1951 and is considered one of the greatest, rarest and most sought-after watches of all time – because during more than 30 years of production, only 349 specimens were made.
Auctionata is offering this golden opportunity to acquire this extremely rare timepiece on 7 June 2013, starting at 6:00 pm CET, in the “Luxury Watches, Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches” auction! The starting price for the Patek Philippe Reference 2499 is €180.000. In past auctions the Reference 2499 has already generated winning bids of over €500.000.
Auctionata has on auction 100 lots with watches from all of today’s major watch brands. The selection represents a sophisticated and discriminating range extending from pocket watches from Glashütte and Julius Assmann along with magnificent gold classics from Rolex and Audemars Piguet to a range of military watches, including a legendary Panerai 3646 and numerous aviation and observation watches from A. Lange & Söhne and IWC. The auction features many technical highlights such as chronographs, perpetual calendars and repeaters, as well as design classics and exotic watches like the extremely rare Tissot F1 in yellow gold or the Patek Philippe Nautilus Exception Ref. 3770.
Auctionata is the first company to enable a reliable implementation of traditional auctions in the internet. From its own TV studio, Auctionata’s full HD cameras deliver razor-sharp close-ups of the valuable watches and their smallest details, directly through the internet to the computers and tablets of the viewers and bidders. Entertaining video clips explain the fascinating stories behind the auction objects, and the renowned watch expert Oliver Hoffmann will be present live in the studio to directly answer questions from the viewers. Oliver Hoffmann has verified and confirmed the authenticity of all the items on auction. Trust is our top priority; that’s why Auctionata issues a 25-year guarantee of authenticity on all the objects we offer.
Patek Philippe Ref. 2499
The movement of this Reference 2499 was manufactured in 1953, inserted into the casing in 1961 and sold on 11 April 1962. The casing of the watch has a diameter of 1.48 inches (37,5 mm) and is 0.53 inches (13,5 mm) high. The watch is crafted of 18 carat yellow gold. With a 13’’’ calibre, the Reference 2499 has an integrated, bi-compax chronograph with 30-minute register and centre seconds hand, a perpetual calendar, a moon phase display, and a tachymeter scale, and it displays the hour, minute, second, date, weekday, and month. All pieces are signed and hallmarked. Starting price: €180.000.
Patek Philippe Nautilus Pair
A magnificent pair of Nautilus watches in yellow gold from Patek Philippe – with original packaging and documents. Patek Philippe Ref. 4700/054, Calibre E19c, yellow gold, Swiss, 1993. Starting price: €10.000. Patek Philippe Ref. 3800/003, Calibre 335sc, yellow gold, Swiss, 1993. Starting price: €5.000.
An extremely rare Tissot F1 watch in yellow gold, from a limited edition of 20 made especially for the Formula 1 drivers of the time. Starting price: € 5.000.
Panerai Radiomir 3646
The watch that helped establish the legend of Panerai: a Panerai Radiomir 3646, Type C, Rolex Cal. 618 from circa 1944 in authentic condition. Starting price: € 30.000.
Oliver Hoffmann, expert in wrist and pocket watches
The renowned expert in wrist and pocket watches has an extensive expertise in this field. Being a passionate watch collector, Mr. Hoffmann has a large private collection including a great number of Patek Philippe and Breguet. Since 2009 he is the head of the Watches section of the Expert Group of the German Society for Watch Chronometry (DGC).
Successful entrepreneur and consultant to the watch industry
Head of Watches at the Expert Group of the German Society for Watch
Numerous academic publications
Lecturer at universities in Germany, Switzerland and China
As the first online producer of live auctions, Auctionata covers the entire spectrum of an auction house. Auctionata’s visionis to open the international art market to consumers by making it accessible to all through the internet.
- Auctionata has approx. 250 internationally renowned specialists, the largest network of experts worldwide, at its disposal.
- Auctionata has 100 employees and offices in Berlin and New York.
- To date, over 21.000 requests for professional appraisal services have been processed.
- Every five minutes Auctionata is offered a painting, book, or antique cabinet for sale.
- Objects valued at more than $91.1 million (€70 million) have already been appraised by Auctionata experts.
- With its ever-growing network of renowned experts in every area of specialisation, Auctionata offers a comprehensive online based service that extends from the evaluation and appraisal of valuable objects through authentication to the point of sale and the handling of a variety of related logistical functions.-Auctionata’s new online shop is live since the beginning of September 2012. It includes approx. 5.000 objects from a wide variety of specialty areas. The number of objects on offer is scheduled to climb to 10.000 by June 2013.
- Auctionata was founded by Alexander Zacke and Georg Untersalmberger and went online with its new business model in February 2012.
- The first live art auction in the internet took place on December 7, 2012. Altogether 59 items reached a total revenue of approx. $446.000 (€350.000). The live auction is based on the patented auction software developed by GeorgUntersalmberger. This software enables worldwide broadcast of live images from the auction room in HD quality withthousands of users bidding simultaneously.
- Auctionata has 25.000 registered users. This number grows by 100 users per day.
- Investors include Holtzbrinck Ventures, e.ventures, Raffay Group, Bright Capital, Kite Ventures and Earlybird.
Visit Versteigerungen & Auktionen im Online-Auktionshaus | Auctionata
Your input is welcome