In case you had forgotten, itâs Fatherâs Day on Sunday June 18, thatâs this coming Sunday, but if you follow our Dads & Grads Watch Gift Guide there is still time to get inspired and get the lucky dad or grad in your household a watch to remember.
We also thought it would be more involving to talk you through the watches on video, rather than merely present you with the cold hard facts on a post. Below are the prices and brief notes on each watch, together with the links where you can purchase them. But for further details and commentary, sit back, relax with your favorite beverage and listen to the Dads & Grads Watch Guide video produced by Scott Sitkiewitz.
I swear, Scott could read an entire Nuclear Power Plant Reactor Operatorâs manual and I could happily sit and listen to it, such are his soothing, mellifluous tones. Maybe we should get him to read one. We just wind him up and he runs as reliably and economically as an ETA 2824-2, and for almost as long.
Here’s the video and our written guide just below.Â Happy Dads & Grads Day!
- Round watch featuring unidirectional bezel and blue dial with date window at 4 o’clock and luminous hands/hour markers
- Eco-Drive technology is fueled by light and never needs a battery
- 43 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Molded polyurethane band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and scuba diving
- Silicon band
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Crown
- 100-meter water resistance
- Only 2 left in stock
- Mechanical Automatic
- Available in different versions
- Superluminova C3
- Day Date
- Gold PVD stainless steel case with a black leather strap and deployant buckle
- Fixed gold PVD bezel. Black dial with gold-tone hands and index hour markers. Minute markers around the outer rim
- Swiss-automatic Movement
- Case Diameter: 40mm
- Water resistant to 30m in general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing
- $398.50 on Amazon or $695 from Tissot
Just so the ladies do not feel left out on Dads and Grads day we have included a ladies watch.
- Strap Reference: H600.323.125
- Caliber: CAL. 2671
- Stainless Steel
- Lug Width 18MM
- Rose Gold PVD
- Sapphire Crystal
- Water Resistance 5 bar (50 m) / 73 psi (164 ft)
Well known as a robust all-rounder from NOMOS GlashÃ¼tte. In the Campus series this watch can speak two languages, displaying the time with its Roman and Arabic numerals. It comes with a strap made of light velour leather, and, if desired, carries a complimentary message of your choice engraved on the back. Â£1000
For those with big plans: Club 38 Campus. Powered by the first NOMOS caliber, Alpha, with indestructible sapphire crystal glass, an extra robust stainless steel case, water resistance to 100 metersâand plenty of self-confidence. And, offered free of charge, an engraving on the back: a beautiful memento of your studies, first skydive, or mom and dad. Â£1,100
Available from Nomos GlashÃ¼tte direct or Topper Fine Jewelers
With Manufacturer Serial Numbers
– Black Dial with Yellow Accents
– Date Feature
– Self Winding Automatic Movement
– TAG Heuer Caliber 5
– Guaranteed Authentic
– Certificate of Authenticity
– Black Titanium Case
– Black Textile Fabric Strap with Yellow Stitching
– Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
– Manufacturer Box & Manual
– 300 Meters / 1000 Feet Water Resistant
– 41mm = 1 5/8″ Case, 7″ Adjustable Strap
– Uni-Directional Rotating Bezel
– Luminescent Hands & Markers
– Screw Down Crown & Caseback
– Deployment Buckle
Introduced at Baselworld 2017, TUDORâs famous Heritage Black Bay divers watch is now available in this new all-steel version with a brushed steel bezel insert. Fitted with the Manufacture Calibre MT5612, the Heritage Black Bay Steel model also introduces a date function to the Black Bay family. Fully Bhanu Approved.
UK price: Â£2,580
This is what Daddy really wants for Fatherâs Day. The OMEGA Speedmaster is one of OMEGAâs most iconic timepieces. Having been a part of all six lunar missions, the legendary Speedmaster is an impressive representation of the brandâs adventurous pioneering spirit.
This OMEGA Speedmaster Professional âMoonwatchâ features a black dial covered by a hesalite crystal and graced by a small seconds sub-dial, 30-minute recorder and 12-hour recorder along with a central chronograph hand. The black bezel, with its tachymetric scale, is mounted on a 42 mm stainless steel case and presented on a matching bracelet. Contact TOPPER Jewelers for pricing
Oris continues its proud watchmaking tradition by officially unveiling Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the companyâs series of highly innovative, high-functioning watches powered by in-house developed movements. Calibre 113 shares the same base architecture as Oris Calibres 110, 111 and 112, but features a novel business calendar, showing the day, date, week and month of the year.
Case: Oris Artelier, 43.00 mm, 1.693 inches, Stainless steel
- Material: Multi-piece stainless steel case
- Size: 43.00 mm, 1.693 inches
- Top Glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case Back: Stainless steel, screwed, see-through sapphire glass
- Operating Devices: Stainless steel crown
- Water Resistance: 5 bar
- Interhorn Width: 23 mm
- Movement: Hand winding 10-day power reserve, date, day, pointer week and month Developed by Oris.