WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had £25,000 to spend on a watch, which one would it be? And I don't mean spend £5000 on the watch and pocket £20,000, I mean spend exactly £25,000 on a watch :)

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
This should be posted on the High-End Watch forum...:think:

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Why? Is the question only worth asking of people who regularly spend at that level?

I've noticed in my year on WUS that f2 has narrowed in scope - lots of activity that used to happen here has shifted over to f71, and much of the discussion seems to assume that one has an Omega or a Rolex or a GS. I've been wondering if it ought to be renamed The Mid-Range Forum

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
True. If I were to spend this much, I'd want the money to go toward the movement, or dial work, not the metal of the case, unless I wanted the look of gold in which case it would be yellow or rose gold. So a platinum Daytona or any white precious metal wouldn't be on my list.

There are so many, what type of watches do you like? I might go for a Royal Oak Offshore, or a Patek Nautilus pre owned chrono.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
About $42,000. So either a 5130G World Timer, 5135G Annual Calender or 5146G Annual Calender

patek-philippe-complications-mechanical-silver-dial-leather-mens-watch-5130g-019-3.jpg patek-philippe-complicated-annual-calendar-mens-watch-5135g-9.jpg patek-philippe-complicated-annual-calendar-18kt-white-gold-mens-watch-5146g-9.jpg

Reactions: jswing and dbostedo

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,618 Posts
My first thought was Patek Aquanut Travel Time :

Patek-aquanaut-travel-time.jpg

That's actually quite a bit under the target, so I'd probably consider a A. Lange & Sohne Lange 1 :

lange_1_WGSDBH_wrist1.jpg

Or maybe a Lange 1815 flyback chrono :

00W000398A.jpg

Really though, with that much money my choices are kind of obvious, and there are many cool less obvious ones to think about, like GP, Chopard, lots of Patek, or smaller brands like F.P. Journe with an Octa Lune (though guessing on the price here) :

fp_journe_octa_automatique_lune_1518.jpg

Or an H. Moser and Cie Endeavor Dual Time (again guessing at price here) :

HMoserNomadPlatinum-3.jpg

Reactions: Crunchy and Me116

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nope ! Just can't do it. I'm a simple creature; my needs and wants are modest. The most expensive watch that I actually desire is about half of that.
Even hypothetically, it makes no sense to spend any amount on something that you don't really want/like.

·
Premium Member
8,013 Posts
PP Nautilus. I actually would like one, so bonus.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
This'd work for me (pic courtesy net) . . .

Attachments

Reactions: dbostedo
1 - 20 of 34 Posts