WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Вопрос для Александра - "Legend" watches

Я заметил двух различных часов (по одному на eBay, по одному на Etsy) с Ракета 2609HA движений, но фирменные «Легенда». Кто-нибудь знает, если «Легенда» была одной из "продолжениях Ракета"? Или это просто Frankens?

Question for Alexander -

I have noticed two different watches (one on eBay, one on Etsy) with Raketa 2609HA movements, but branded "Legend". Does anyone know if "Legend" was one of the "Raketa spinoffs"? Or are these just frankens?

Paul
Links to the two examples are here and here.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Re: Вопрос для Александра - "Legend" watches

Paul,

I think this is a brand like Avalon which married cases and movements from various suppliers, probably on a price basis.

It was not only Russian movements used under the brand. I have a Legend branded Ruhla clock below together with a Ruhla example.

legend-brandedruhla-blue-plastic-alarm-clock.jpg ruhal-green-plastic-alarm-clock.jpg

Sekondtime

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Спасибо за ответ, Александр :)
Итак, "Легенда" является "законным" бренда (я имею в виду, это не "Франкен")? Знаете ли вы о любых других компаний, которые купили Ракета движений, но использовали не-Ракета корпус / циферблаты?

Thanks for the answer, Alexander :)So, "Legend" is a "legitimate" brand (I mean, it is not a "franken")? Do you know of any other companies which bought Raketa movements, but used non-Raketa bodies/dials?

Paul

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,196 Posts

Legend looks like one of those Hong Kong brands that briefly sourced movements from the USSR in the mid 1980s after the supply of Swiss pin-levers dried up but before the Chinese standard movement became available. Oreintex is another such brand but there were many others. The difficulty for the collector is that the period where Soviet movements were used was quite brief. I have read that soviet movements have been used in Hong Kong watches since the early 1960s but haven't seen any actual examples. The eBay example that you linked to appears to have an aluminium alloy case which is more typical of the 1980s onwards I think.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
As soon as possible, I shall make a query at the Hong-Kong trademark office and its database...

Reactions: Chascomm
1 - 6 of 6 Posts