WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this factory (or enterprise? or brand?) recently came up in another thread (https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/any-info-zvesda-499238.html).

I hope people don't mind my starting a new thread on this topic in particular, since I for one had never heard of it until recently, and it seems mysterious!

If anyone has any information on this outfit...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The Leningrad Electric Clock Factory (dial signature зчп) has been around since at least the 1930s.

A precision mechanical timing device with a dial signed зчп was imported into the Soviet Union in small quantities from the German company Strasser & Rohde in the 1930s; a photo of the dial of this device is attached. (BTW a few months back I lost an auction for one of these rare pieces; I dropped out at US$3500. It eventually went for more than US$5000.)

In addition to the battery-powered clock Chascomm mentioned (record number 0579 on my website), I also have several other clocks produced and signed by the factory.

Number 1206 on my site is an Electric master clock for an office building. I also have several large slave clocks made by the factory that would have been driven by such a master clock, but they are not yet photographed or posted on my site.

Number 1398 is an precision electric timing device that is functionally very similar to the Strasser & Rohde device. It appears to have been produced in the early 1960s (record number 1398 on my site).

While obviously a independent entity, the Leningrad Electric Clock Factory seems to have been closely associated with the Petrodworzowy factory (aka Raketa) all through Soviet times. I suspect Petrodworzowy may have designed and produced the timing wheels etc. that were incorporated into зчп products.

As mentioned, the factory is still in existence today.

With regard to the Zvesda, I was in error in claiming that 1808 Zvesda-type movements were made at Petrodworzowy. A close examination shows that although the dials are signed TTK-1, TTK-2, зчп (record numbers 1083, 1084, 1087, 1090 & 1102 on my site), etc, the movements all seem to be made by Pensa.

I hope this helps a bit.
-- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mark,
Aha! That clarifies things nicely. In particular, I'm glad to know that the 1802 (?) movements weren't made at Petrodvoretz. I was worried by this, because those movements were so different from anything made there. So, the story remains that any Zvezdas coming out of Petrodvoretz were assembled from movements brought in from Penza (or possibly Uglich)? At least this saves me having to buy another display cabinet!

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, what's the story with many Sviet (Cbet) watches having the зчп logo on the dial, and containing Petrodvoretz-stamped movements? I have about half a dozen like this...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.