WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, a package from TikTok, my new DLC bezel and bracelet.

@kenls, I think it was made a post on his sets he purchased saying there is a slight but distinct different between the b5000gd-1 set and a TFC set and now that I have it side by side it is gorgeous. It cannot be seen in a photo but I would explain it as the difference between an obsidian black(gd-1) and a grey chromatic or a “tungsten chrome”. The bracelet looks especially “grey” as it it more brushed in texture. The brushed bezel accent around the display is more sharply machined also and the tone is the same medium grey metallic is the band, adding continuity.
I also noticed a few interesting things like that it seemed like the the overall length of the unmounted bracelet and others is a bit shorter. There could be a lot of reasons for this outside of an actual difference but I’m not sure. Also when mounted with the inner case and the bezel, the end links did not actuate as much in and out. Small odd things to notice but just thought I’d say.
I do not give a lot of wrist time to my CS so I thought I would swap that into the new set so that I can wear the module and not worry about scratching the bracelet/ bezel. The combo looks great as well.
I just wanted to share my experience, thank @kenls for the idea, and invite anyone without a set of the Porter edition to give it a try. The treatment of the DLC is an addition color to your collection and I’m always about selection and durability. Now for a GWG1000 with a MH band. :)
32383F37-2FB3-4FBE-B8F9-225AB22E77D3.jpeg
D54F9CA0-F460-430B-8823-88E0CA8C4B2F.jpeg
39B5188A-5D76-4D74-A186-1EF9167ED16C.jpeg
2520E3FD-8566-4475-A290-53EACA66C246.jpeg
03D88D67-DE37-4875-B9ED-C02EC8617A17.jpeg
03D88D67-DE37-4875-B9ED-C02EC8617A17.jpeg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not sure what @Chempop meant so I’m guessing you don’t like the watch combo? Or the description of the dlc?
I took his reaction to be like, “ Whoa that’s crazy” but maybe he meant “Whoa that’s disgusting.” I think the grid glass is the beat park of the watch as IMO the case and bracelet of the CS(though done very well) should have been on matte black as a base. The gloss throws it off a bit for me.
neither way. I have decided to swap in a negative display because I loved the b5kgd-1 that I had and this would be like an upgraded one, and with the brick pattern look like a “black sheep” version of the Porter b5000.

I have to say IREALLY thought it looked sweet to tone down the “lines” and make the glass detail a focal point, and I do still like it but your guys last post is another entry into the “hat” of me thinking the CS is not a favorite among “discerning G collectors” :) with it all in tact I have to say it is the only b5000 that when I openthe show box it was a 8/10 whereas all other were a hit. “I’m sorry CS!.. you are still a great iteration!!”

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Sorry @JaredNish I‘ve not been a fan of the Tron since its launch and it hasn’t grown on me since. Too “in your face” for my conservative taste.

I bought a stainless steel bracelet for GMW-B5000-1ER, tried it, thought it too BLING for me. (I should really put the bezel and bracelet up for sale.)

On the other hand, I love the DLC look so much, I have my both GMW-B5000-1ER and GMW-5000G-1ER swapped out onto full DLC.

When all’s said and done, its not for me (or anyone else) to dictate or influence your own personal taste. If the look works for you, then that’s more than good enough for me.

Apologies if I caused any unintended offence.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think it looks better with the plain dlc. The face having the grid lines is not bad to me. However, with the grid lines all over, I find it way too busy for my taste. Either way, it’s a cool piece. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Each to their own, but prefer my Tron as is......maybe put the new bits on a silver square, with pos. display.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry @JaredNish I‘ve not been a fan of the Tron since its launch and it hasn’t grown on me since. Too “in your face” for my conservative taste.

I bought a stainless steel bracelet for GMW-B5000-1ER, tried it, thought it too BLING for me. (I should really put the bezel and bracelet up for sale.)

On the other hand, I love the DLC look so much, I have my both GMW-B5000-1ER and GMW-5000G-1ER swapped out onto full DLC.

When all’s said and done, its not for me (or anyone else) to dictate or influence your own personal taste. If the look works for you, then that’s more than good enough for me.

Apologies if I caused any unintended offence.
It’s a funny one.

I quite like the bling factor the all silver steel bezel and band gives. It’s quite AP like in that respect.

But then I also really like the look of the all DLC.

It’s almost black chrome and the way the colour changes with the light is fantastic.

I’ve been back with the all silver for the last week but planning on going back to all DLC tomorrow.

And then I’ll probably pop the resin strap on with the DLC bezel (which might actually be my favourite combo with the positive display).

Agreed on the “tron” case though. I really like it with the matching bezel and strap (and with the all silver as the grid lines match the bezel and strap colour) but not so sure with the DLC bezel and strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@kenls LISTENHERE!!!,... jk. I knew you didn’t mean anything offensive. Just wasn’t clear on your opinion. I also agree to a point. I have went back in forth about either selling the CS as from a distance it looks great but the gloss finish just doesn’t hit me. It’s such a great idea and I got it for below retail, but’s I definitely have others more favored. I also wonder what it really means when g-shock says, “limited edition”?? That is probably the main reason I haven’t put it up for sale or trade,.. that and I can’t sell on the forum yet and I hate the eBay fee system;-/. I will put it up on OfferUp to feel out the interest probably, the problem is I don’t find many decent collectors on there.
Don’t worrry I value my opinion plenty, as I do anyone else’s. :) I swapped the DLC INTO A POS display and I like it better for now. I wish people could see first hand how gorgeous this treatment is. (Kenls of course knows) I’ve always loved lower luster finishes like tungsten and high tech ceramic. hTC is actually what this reminds me of.
@Prdrers i agree. Too much can be too much but it’s a great idea on paper. Would have been better with a matte surface.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I always run into this thought process when I find something I like,..”buy one or two more because :
They will be or are hard to find
One may get damaged
They may increase in price

however there is something to be said about having one set and enjoying it as the more you have of something the less of an impact it has or value that is perceived. BUT I am 50/50 about buying an extra set, I’m just trying to balance having a well rounded collection with which every G has its own niche and characteristics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts