WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was built to be Piotr’s nicest watch to date (about 1.5yrs ago). He made it out of copper and bronze. Omega hands and copper stepped dial with a live patina. It has a sapphire Crystal and an ETA 2824, which was rare for a Thunder at that time.

I gave it an out-of-case patina and upgraded the seals to Viton to up the water resistance to well over 1k meters. Copper patina is durable, but will allow for natural rub spots, which was my intention - just haven’t worn it much. The patina can easily be removed to the raw copper, but you’d go insane trying to maintain that. Signed/lumed crown.

I strapped it with a Mott strap… the forum’s own premier baseball strap artist. One of the most comfortable, yet durable, straps you can get. It has red stitching to match the omega second hand and I put a matching patina on a bronze Ennebi roller buckle that laid me out about $200.

This is a very special watch that’ll last many lifetimes. I paid 2.2k for it and wore it twice.

PayPal’d and Shipped CONUS. Will sell overseas if you’ve got good feedback or at least post often. Scam attempts aren’t gonna be worth your or my time and will end fine for me, bad for you - my jurisdiction reaches pretty far. “What’s your best price” will be ignored.

No trades please

1 - 2 of 2 Posts