WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
▓█▄▀▄▀ San Francisco GTG @ Topper in Burlingame June 14th, 2014 ▀▄▀▄█▓

It's been about a year since the last Bay Area get together, and considering the Bay Area is home to such great folks, I think it's time we all met and put faces to profile handles and show off our respective watch collections to other watch aficionados.

Several years ago the Omega forum held a GTG at Topper. The Omega GTG in Burlingame, CA
Last year, the GTG was held in a South Bay restaurant and it was a blast for everyone in attendance. SF Bay Area GTG: May 18, 2013 @ 2pm to whenver
However, a few people expressed concern about the venue's safety and chose not to attend. This year, I'm happy to announce that Forum AD Topper has graciously offered to host the Bay Area GTG and provide refreshments. In a legit brick and mortar AD with plenty of security, those prior concerns should no longer be an issue. Everyone planning to attending and bring as much or as little as their collection with complete ease of mind. The details are as follows:

Time: Saturday, June 14, 2014 from 11am to 1pm *
Place: Topper Jewelers located @ 1315 Burlingame Ave, Burlingame, CA 94010 **

* : Refreshments will be served by Topper during these hours. However, everyone is welcome to stay, chat, and hang out for as long as you like. No time limit.

** : There will also be an offsite lunch after the GTG at a nearby restaurant where we will be joined by Topper VP, Rob Caplan. As the buyer for Topper, you can pick his brain about newly released watches from this years Basel or anything else. The lunch is completely optional. If you do decide to attend, you will be responsible for your own food and beverage costs. Please PM me directly for venue location as others have pointed out a group of people laden with expensive watches shouldn't advertise their social plans in a very public forum.

Google maps link to Topper: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Topper+Jewelers/@37.578195,-122.347432,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xed29d0e03f2da086

With more than 8 weeks from now until the planned upon date, this should be enough time to allow anyone interested to schedule accordingly. If you're planning on attending please reply to the post so I can keep a running head count (as a courtesy to Topper in order to allow them to plan and have enough refreshments for everyone in attendance) and I'll bump this thread periodically to remind people.

***According to Rob, if there is enough interest from the people at the GTG, Topper would also be interested in hosting another GTG in late summer where the Reps of various watch brands would attend and bring along samples of watches announced at this year's Baselworld 2014, before the watches are released for sale. A kind of sneak peak if you will. One of many things to discuss during on the 14th.

·
Premium Member
37,311 Posts
Re: ▓█▄▀▄▀ San Francisco GTG @ Topper in Burlingame June 14th, 2014 ▀▄▀▄█▓

Nice.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts

Plan to be there. Haven't seen Rob in a while. :-!

·
Registered
286 Posts

Count me in :)

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Great enthusiasm thus far. In less than a day, 12 people have said yes and 2 maybe.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts

Yes. So close to home. Thanks.

Sent from my slingshot using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

***UPDATE***
Rob has informed me that the Oris rep, Shawn Clary, will also be present during the GTG. He's not there to sell, rather he will be there to answer any questions about the new models from Basel. Also, there is an outside chance he will have sample pieces of Oris' newly announced watches from this year's Basel on hand to examine.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Count me in.
I had a great time at the previous Bay Area GTG, and would love to attend.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

==Bump with Update==

Last time there was an outside chance Oris would have sample BaselWorld watches at the GTG. Fortuneatly, as it stands now, sample Oris watches from this year's BaselWorld will definitely be present for our GTG.

The current count headcount is

Definitely will attend:
1) AltF4_ToExit
2) amb3rgris
3) cardinal_jello
4) estrickland
5) GTTIME
6) JohnnyT5
7) KyleT
8) logan2z
9) NightOwl
10) Nokie
11) powerband
12) richard371
13) sfnewguy
14) sidney004
15) skywatch
16) ten13th

Maybe
1) davidtsee
2) ecv64

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Afraid I'm going to be octopied for this one. Hopefully I'll make the next.

·
Registered
764 Posts

+1 for Maybe. This is will be my first WUS GTG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Another bump. We're 2 weeks out and looks to be great fun.

·
Vendor
16,593 Posts

***UPDATE***
Rob has informed me that the Oris rep, Shawn Clary, will also be present during the GTG. He's not there to sell, rather he will be there to answer any questions about the new models from Basel. Also, there is an outside chance he will have sample pieces of Oris' newly announced watches from this year's Basel on hand to examine.
Hi Everyone, Great to see such enthusiasm for the get together. Shawn has confirmed that we will have most if not all of the Oris Basel Samples at this event. We are also working on some entertaining surprises

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

Wicked. I'll be there!

·
Registered
475 Posts

Just moved to Berkeley for School, put me down for maybe if I don't got too much work!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

First I've heard of this. Please put me down! enkidu / Dan Lee.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts