1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Have a great Friday everyone!

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
special froggy friday for me today 😊 this one has been a long time coming but finally finished it off the other night during a bout of debilitating hayfever but that wasnt going to stop me!
i now realise after seeing it enlarged there are a few details i need to clean up tho. the beat up original resin and repeated stripe/repaints didnt help at all and im sure the extended soaks in acetone hasnt done the resin any favours for longevity!
pretty happy with the result otherwise, got a colourway that doesnt exist in my collection so thats always a plus 😃

history:
started off life as a pretty beat up golden defender, plan was to recreate that awesome gold green chameleon colour...

...but instead it came out as just metallic green, the gold metallic i used got over powered

....tried a few combinations of layering but just couldnt get it right so on to the back burner it went

i always liked the fluro green of the 200f and was going to recreate that instead with the 225a module/case but thats a semi common mod, instead i broke it up with some detailed masking for a two tone look :D
finished off with double eagle motifs which can be seen as defeating the golden defender or like a phoenix rising from the ashes 🙄😅 may still try it on the 225a to dial back the tertiary colours tho 🤔

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Wowzers ,awesome JustAbe as always. Me Jones stunning, Tom maybe your all time fav G, the beast ! One that I certainly need to add. Tetsu very nice 🐸 family. Congrats on the cf one to😍
Happy 🐸 Friday f17, be safe, almost weekend

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
special froggy friday for me today this one has been a long time coming but finally finished it off the other night during a bout of debilitating hayfever but that wasnt going to stop me!
i now realise after seeing it enlarged there are a few details i need to clean up tho. the beat up original resin and repeated stripe/repaints didnt help at all and im sure the extended soaks in acetone hasnt done the resin any favours for longevity!
pretty happy with the result otherwise, got a colourway that doesnt exist in my collection so thats always a plus

View attachment 15934109

history:
started off life as a pretty beat up golden defender, plan was to recreate that awesome gold green chameleon colour...
View attachment 15934111

...but instead it came out as just metallic green, the gold metallic i used got over powered
View attachment 15934112

....tried a few combinations of layering but just couldnt get it right so on to the back burner it went
View attachment 15934115

i always liked the fluro green of the 200f and was going to recreate that instead with the 225a module/case but thats a semi common mod, instead i broke it up with some detailed masking for a two tone look :D
finished off with double eagle motifs which can be seen as defeating the golden defender or like a phoenix rising from the ashes may still try it on the 225a to dial back the tertiary colours tho

View attachment 15934116
Looks amazing Tetsu

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30,694 Posts
View attachment 15934362
If I'd have known how bad I was going to feel today not sure I would have gone for covid jab yesterday! Don't know if I will be able to stay at work even though it's a half day :sick:(n)
Sorry guys have a good day
Hang in there ... surely good soon @Dxnnis

... all the best and take good care !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 93 Posts