WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Good morning.

So, ( Why does everyone nowadays, start their sentences with "So"? Just thought I'd join in and be "With the kids") The good lady and I were mooching around the nearby town of Market Harborough last Friday. She was looking for ear studs to match her engagement ring, and I was just looking.
Passing an emporium of the Cheaper type of watches, I happened to notice a lone Bulova in a box, with one of those star shaped "Sale" tickets above it. Turned out to be a 96B230, the military field precisionist. The price was £125. Well, Ive bought two of these before, the first I traded and the second I still own. Both of those cost in excess of £250each. No Brainer then. examined and bought before the chap could change his mind and just as the good lady returned with news of ordered ear studs. I got the cheaper deal.

The new Bulova 96B230

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

The strap is one of mine as the Bulova version is too short and too plasticky

Romulus and Remus together.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Material property

Again, the lume is not a lot got talk about, but it's readable in the dead O' night. ( unlike the dark star, Accurist.....)

Gauge Measuring instrument Odometer Auto part Font

There we are then. a victim of impulse perhaps, but this time not on eBay with a glass of G&T on the desk... we've all been there.

Take it easy.

K.

· Registered
Zeno Army Dive:Straton Curve;Marc&sons GMT;DB Defender;Seiko Alpinist;Tag Heuer 4000:Hamilton Field
1,218 Posts
Watch Hand Analog watch White Light

· Premium Member
Merkur hand wind “pie pan.”
2,571 Posts
Sugess Sunday.
Watch Brown Analog watch Watch accessory Clock

· Premium Member
45,992 Posts
Good morning.

So, ( Why does everyone nowadays, start their sentences with "So"? Just thought I'd join in and be "With the kids") The good lady and I were mooching around the nearby town of Market Harborough last Friday. She was looking for ear studs to match her engagement ring, and I was just looking.
Passing an emporium of the Cheaper type of watches, I happened to notice a lone Bulova in a box, with one of those star shaped "Sale" tickets above it. Turned out to be a 96B230, the military field precisionist. The price was £125. Well, Ive bought two of these before, the first I traded and the second I still own. Both of those cost in excess of £250each. No Brainer then. examined and bought before the chap could change his mind and just as the good lady returned with news of ordered ear studs. I got the cheaper deal.

The new Bulova 96B230

View attachment 17178603

The strap is one of mine as the Bulova version is too short and too plasticky

Romulus and Remus together.

View attachment 17178604

View attachment 17178606

Again, the lume is not a lot got talk about, but it's readable in the dead O' night. ( unlike the dark star, Accurist.....)

View attachment 17178608

There we are then. a victim of impulse perhaps, but this time not on eBay with a glass of G&T on the desk... we've all been there.

Take it easy.

K.
Watch Twin.. er, Triplet? 😎

1 - 20 of 79 Posts