WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now, I've been limiting my growing collection to squares and a few 6900s, so when the Shichifukujin set was announced, I had intended to wait for the DW-5600SLG-7 to be released. But, I then noticed that the first to launch was the Ebisu, the god of fishermen and luck. As I live in the Ebisu area of Tokyo, there was not much else I could do but order it. As luck (and fishermen) would have it, I nabbed one straight away and it arrived at my door last night...

Ebisu01.jpg
I love the makimono style box

Ebisu02.jpg

Ebisu03.jpg

Ebisu04.jpg
Great packaging gives a sense of something precious inside

Ebisu05.jpg

Ebisu06.jpg

Ebisu07.jpg
There's the fish symbol associated with Ebisu, usually a Bass or Bream.

Ebisu08.jpg

Ebisu09.jpg
Shodo style G as the backlight.

As I said, I wasn't expecting to get this one but glad I did. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Love this line. Really nice.

Reactions: MCZK

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Wow, I really, really like that. I like the detail with the fish symbol and the light brass hued tang and also the strap has a fish scale quality to it. As a whole, they did a great job. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
14,008 Posts
That's a very cool G-Shock. Casio should put that much effort into all their Collaboration watches.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Must be special for you. Congratulations! Lovely artwork on the box.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This watch was calling you. congratulations, wear it in good health!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Lovely pick-up as usual, MCZK. This is definitely one of the more thoughtful special editions. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Given your luck and personal story, how can you not buy the whole series now?

That would be great but unfortunately I’m leaving Japan after three and a half years living here in a couple of months, I’ll see what is released by the time I head to California.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
That would be great but unfortunately I’m leaving Japan after three and a half years living here in a couple of months, I’ll see what is released by the time I head to California.
That's indeed a beautiful watch - great acquisition. Wear it in good health!

Oh and early greetings to CA!! :-!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts