·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My one and only GS. What else is there to do in the car wash besides fiddle with a watch?

View attachment 15561685
Awesome shot! The SBGV245 is such a cool GS, really dig the strong case shape. I really want to add a 9F to the collection and this is definitely one of the top contenders. And I love/miss going to those auto car washes, my current car is a soft-top so no foam party for me for a while.

Reactions: tacit

·
Registered
515 Posts
Awesome shot! The SBGV245 is such a cool GS, really dig the strong case shape. I really want to add a 9F to the collection and this is definitely one of the top contenders. And I love/miss going to those auto car washes, my current car is a soft-top so no foam party for me for a while.
It's definitely one of my favorite GS case shapes if not my favorite. I'm not sure what the case designation is for it, but I feel like I've seen some previous models that certainly have influenced it.

I was heavily against auto car washes and used to use a car wash as a relaxing weekend activity. Now, it seems like life is so busy that I don't want to spend an hour and a half washing it and detailing it by hand, so auto wash it is!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's definitely one of my favorite GS case shapes if not my favorite. I'm not sure what the case designation is for it, but I feel like I've seen some previous models that certainly have influenced it.

I was heavily against auto car washes and used to use a car wash as a relaxing weekend activity. Now, it seems like life is so busy that I don't want to spend an hour and a half washing it and detailing it by hand, so auto wash it is!
I agree, it's grown to be one of my favorites too. The 62GS and 44GS gets all the praises, most likely because it's been around longer and more iconic, but this is equally beautiful. I believe it'll be a future classic. And I think it shares the same design language as the SBGH255?

And a fellow car enthusiast I see! I used to dedicate entire weekends for the regiment, oh so many buckets, grit guards, solutions, brushes, even compressed air for a simple car wash. It was gratifying in the moment, but looking back I don't know how I ever got anything else done! And either I was really obsessive or really bad at it, as the full yearly paint correction would be like a month's worth of weekends gone for me, all so the next owner of the car could do burnouts and throw rubber all over, I kid you not. 😅😅

That's a rare beauty! I bet the dial explodes under the sun, speaking of which, pictures in the sun please? ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree, it's grown to be one of my favorites too. The 62GS and 44GS gets all the praises, most likely because it's been around longer and more iconic, but this is equally beautiful. I believe it'll be a future classic. And I think it shares the same design language as the SBGH255?
View attachment 15563242

And a fellow car enthusiast I see! I used to dedicate entire weekends for the regiment, oh so many buckets, grit guards, solutions, brushes, even compressed air for a simple car wash. It was gratifying in the moment, but looking back I don't know how I ever got anything else done! And either I was really obsessive or really bad at it, as the full yearly paint correction would be like a month's worth of weekends gone for me, all so the next owner of the car could do burnouts and throw rubber all over, I kid you not. 😅😅

That's a rare beauty! I bet the dial explodes under the sun, speaking of which, pictures in the sun please? ;)
The case you posted is incredibly similar, however you have an additional facet on the lugs not present on the 245. That's a wicked hi-beat diver there!

My potato old iPhone doesn't capture the watch nearly as well as it looks in-person. Crazy polished surfaces. If you look closely you can see the GW-5000 on my wrist in the second shot. 🤪

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of which, let's wake her up from her long nap for today.

The case you posted is incredibly similar, however you have an additional facet on the lugs not present on the 245. That's a wicked hi-beat diver there!

My potato old iPhone doesn't capture the watch nearly as well as it looks in-person. Crazy polished surfaces. If you look closely you can see the GW-5000 on my wrist in the second shot. 🤪

View attachment 15563281

View attachment 15563282
The 255 can feel slightly thick at times, I bet the thin case on the 245 is a real treat on the wrist! And thanks to Mr. Zaratsu I do see it!! 😍😍

What a stunning, albeit somewhat anxiety-inducing, shot! I was after a NOS SBGX291/293 for what felt like the longest time, feels like seeing an old nemesis! 😂🍻🍻

·
Registered
564 Posts
@Kirtamteth : Haha, sorry for the salt in your wound ! This SBGX is indeed one of the best kept secret gem from GS. ;)

·
Premium Member
69,672 Posts
My Snowflake doesn’t get the wrist time it deserves (oh for another wrist) but when I do drag it blinking into the light I don’t half enjoy wearing it.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
165 Posts

ZARATSUUUU!!