WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

Registered
I'll play. You think it's hard to show the hammered copper dial in pictures in blue? How hard do you think it's for me with it in black? 馃構

This is one of the best pictures I've seen that shows the dial.

Registered
Bah. For some reason I can't post the last picture in the last post. So

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Cool watch, very striking. Is that the brand with the windows on the sides?
Thanks @Glencoe! That's right, 5 Windows and 7 Windows. Beautiful watches, as @sleepyhead123's pictures below perfectly demonstrate.

I want to try one of these so bad, but it looks like that's impossible without coughing up the money first. How does this hold up against your other watches? GS in particular?
I, too, wish these are more readily available to check out in person. Boy, that's a tough, but most legitimate question, and one I will have a tough time exploring in my upcoming review on this watch. As a quick spoiler, it compares very favorably. The design is clearly very polarizing, but in terms of finishing, it beats GS at their own game. That said, almost any GS will be a more versatile and well-rounded watch, mainly due to the styling.

That instantly reminded me of the joker鈥檚 vaydor in a good way

View attachment 15723473

View attachment 15723485
馃槀馃槀 I can't say I don't see it!

I'll play. You think it's hard to show the hammered copper dial in pictures in blue? How hard do you think it's for me with it in black? 馃構

Bah. For some reason I can't post the last picture in the last post. So

View attachment 15723597
Absolutely stunning shots!! :love::love: Those nature shots of your Divido convinced me to take a few shots of mine out and about in the snow before it all melts! That side profile of that 5 Windows is just breathtaking. Would love to add a Midsize one day. And that picture showing off the hammered dial texture is really the best I've seen. More than any other dials I've seen, pictures really don't do this one justice.

Premium Member
Very futuristic looking. Beautiful colors.

Registered
The way light plays off the dimpled texture of the dial is mesmerizing o_O Hard to capture with just a cell phone. I like to imagine there is some 80-year-old master craftsman banging away on a tiny hammer in a tiny shop somewhere 馃槃 The whole "floating" dial thing along with the curved handset gives off a 3-D vibe.

Backlit against my iPad to highlight the "floating" dial

I'm normally not a fan of wide aperture date windows but, this one seems to complement the Transformer appearance of the case.

Registered
I've been very curious myself in how these compare with GS. You said they beat them at their own game, but I'm curious if there is a bit of lovestruck honeymoon in that statement. I look forward to your review! Congrats!

Premium Member

That is a very nice looking watch.

Registered
Thanks for posting the pictures! I鈥檝e been tempted by a Divido for some time and this is all very helpful.

Does anyone here have any experience of the rubber strap?

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Very futuristic looking. Beautiful colors.
Thanks @jkpa! There's no mention of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the color is inspired by the kiri tree, which the box is made out of. And I am curious, more concerned than curious really, how well the design will age.

The way light plays off the dimpled texture of the dial is mesmerizing o_O Hard to capture with just a cell phone. I like to imagine there is some 80-year-old master craftsman banging away on a tiny hammer in a tiny shop somewhere 馃槃 The whole "floating" dial thing along with the curved handset gives off a 3-D vibe.

View attachment 15724094
View attachment 15724095
View attachment 15724096

Backlit against my iPad to highlight the "floating" dial

View attachment 15724097

I'm normally not a fan of wide aperture date windows but, this one seems to complement the Transformer appearance of the case.
You did a beautiful job capturing them! :love::love: So much depth and dimensionality.

I've been very curious myself in how these compare with GS. You said they beat them at their own game, but I'm curious if there is a bit of lovestruck honeymoon in that statement. I look forward to your review! Congrats!
Thank you @Mr.Jones82! And I suspect it is a little bit of the honeymoon talking 馃槄. That said, none of the GS I've owned could've prepared me for this, I really was blown away when I first saw it in person. Will keep you posted!

Thanks for posting the pictures! I鈥檝e been tempted by a Divido for some time and this is all very helpful.

Does anyone here have any experience of the rubber strap?
(y)(y) I've heard great things about the rubber strap, though hopefully someone who does own one can chime in. Former PM Abe, what's your take?

Registered
I was sorely tempted by the black rubber strapped model before going for the bracelet.

I鈥檓 also tempted by the five windows but, there are enough other watches tempting me.

Gonna hafta tie myself to the mast a la Jason & the Argonauts.

Premium Member
This is high on my "want" list. Almost bought one in the 11/11 sale last year, but held off due to 3+ watches already on order then.

So a question to @sleepyhead123 @kritameth @Orsoni - while the bracelet looks awesome, if that is discounted, how does just the dial compare to GS? The Sallaz polishing is what shines in the bracelet pics as I see.
I am not a big bracelet fan actually, so wondering if that $1100+ premium for bracelet makes a real difference.

Registered
These watches are top class, good thing to see a thread about them. Those bracelets look absolutely fantastic, and that's coming from a strap man through and through.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
This is high on my "want" list. Almost bought one in the 11/11 sale last year, but held off due to 3+ watches already on order then.

So a question to @sleepyhead123 @kritameth @Orsoni - while the bracelet looks awesome, if that is discounted, how does just the dial compare to GS? The Sallaz polishing is what shines in the bracelet pics as I see.
I am not a big bracelet fan actually, so wondering if that $1100+ premium for bracelet makes a real difference.
View attachment 15724555 View attachment 15724557
I can only speak to the GS's I've owned and this blue/purple Divido in particular. IMO the real knockout of the dial is the hammered copper dial base. A lacquer is then hand applied to give it the finishing gloss. The result under the sun is a dial with more subtlety than the SBGA413's dial in texture (but still less subtle than the Snowflake's), but with surpassing depth. It's got a lively and unique personality, the way it shimmers like a multi-faceted crystal. Away from bright lights, however, it takes on a very subtle look, only shimmering when the light hits it just right, and more understated than the Snowflake IMO. I鈥檓 normally a proponent of buying watches on the bracelet, but the not insignificant ~$1,300 price difference between the bracelet and rubber strap versions, though completely justified IMO, means you really have to be sure you want the bracelet. Since you're not a big bracelet person I鈥檇 be inclined to save the money and opt for the rubber strap version, which also looks fantastically coherent, the way the strap flares out from the lugs. Especially if you know you're going to want to get the rubber eventually anyway, as it鈥檒l set you back CHF 560/~$625 to order it separately. But to answer the question between the lines, the bracelet is a gem, but so is the watch head itself. I wholeheartedly believe the Divido is no less the piece of art that it is on the rubber strap.

And another shot.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts