WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This general discussion thread is for comments, discussions and questions outside the scope of the design threads. Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project.

Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
hked said:
.... Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project .....
Ed, can you speak a bit louder / write a bit larger, please? Your message seems lost in the noise .....

Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project

Glad I could be of service.

On behalf of the 2016 Peacock Project Committee

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,154 Posts
Perhaps the committee members could be formally introduced in this thread?

Reactions: MHe225

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll ask Thomas when he returns from China over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Speedmaster coaxial on Forstner Komfit
2,044 Posts
The picture shows an automatic, but the description said it's a manual (hand) wind. Is there more than one version of this movement? 14mm total case height seems more in line with an automatic. I wouldn't mind a thinner handwound watch, especially since it has a power reserve indicator. On an automatic that will indicate 'full' most of the time, unless there is a problem with winding efficiency....

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys, typo. It is an automatic movement but I'll ask if it can be modified to hand winding.

The case will not be made thinner, however, as I'm sure some would prefer the automatic function.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry guys, typo. It is an automatic movement but I'll ask if it can be modified to hand winding.

The case will not be made thinner, however, as I'm sure some would prefer the automatic function.

On the other hand automatic movement is also part of your new "smart watch". Having the power reserve indicator you can check your daily performance of move (on foot). So this movement keeps you healthy by winding up your watch.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I would prefer an auto movement especially if that is how it is made originally. And with a 3 day power reserve and meter it will be easy to keep it wound up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Eagerly anticipating where this design will go. I am loving the layout of the elements on the movement. This watch could be a real stunner. I have a Parnis Portuguese already and I love the idea of a chrono layout without the service costs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am guessing that this watch will reflect some IWG Portuguese influence, no? A handsome watch indeed. I am wondering if there are going to be multiple dials will they be variations on the same theme i.e. different colours or will the project go for some dissimilar looks ex. Omega Railmaster XXL influence in the batons or Aqua Terra dial and batons.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Just had a measure up and to give some idea of the size here are a few pictures of a (very busy) dial Citizen AT on my 7,1/4" - 18 cm wrist. The watch is 44 mm dia (+ 2 mm for crown) 13 mm thick , and 50 mm lug to lug . It feels comfortable to wear but i think it will all depend on the lug shape that's chosen . Hope this helps in some way. Remember the lens sometimes makes things look slightly larger but these shots are fairly accurate . DW.:)

P1040010 1 (480x640).jpg

P1050661 1 2 (480x640).jpg

·
Registered
386 Posts
The FAQ - Under Project Rules at the start there is a typo that still says "Bundeswehr".

Please state in the FAQ who the committee members perhaps create section 2.2 in the Project Rules for a list of names?

May be a small icon on dial to represent the year of the monkey?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts