WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm having trouble finding information about the Liaoning Peacock SL6601 automatic movement, are there more details available somewhere? For instance, what size is the movement itself? I'm assuming big, because of the case requirements, but how big? A tech sheet would be wonderful, even if only available in chinese.

Thanks!

DavidS

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
The date is not a big date in the sense of a complex 2 digit mechanism a la Lange but it is physically bigger than in a smaller movement.
We (Ed and me) saw a demo blank at the hk watch fair. The bigger date was obvious and nice.
It was this encounter with the movement that inspired us to investigate the opportunities for a forum watch (sorry for the mediocre picture quality):

·
Registered
122 Posts
Whoa, huge! Thanks, by the way.

That's a size 10 pocket watch movement! Or close, anyway.

Size 10, fraction inch 1 15/30", decimal inch 1.500", Ligne size 16.87''', Millimeter 38.09mm.

Bigger than the 6497-2, which is 16 1/2''' 36.60 mm and 4.5mm tall.

Hmmm.

Thanks Again!

DavidS

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1 on the year of monkey idea

Also I suggest a line on the back case, which reference liaoning or dandong peacock, in Chinese or English, excellent talking point about the movement's origins near North Korea '????' does not take much space when written small

·
Premium Member
7,408 Posts
That's a healthy sized movement!
Indeed. 17''' and over 9mm thick (with hands)--this will be a healthy watch. The 44mm case is fine--even those who insist on smaller watches need one bigger one in their collection--but it will be a challenge to keep this from becoming very thick. With a 9mm movement, 1mm crystal thickness front and back, and some clearances, the watch will need to be at least 12mm thick. Let's see if we can keep it down to 13mm.

The design thread is next on my catchup list.

Rick "who would prefer the silver rotor in the photographs rather than the blue rotor" Denney

Reactions: Justaminute

·
Registered
10 Posts
Holy moly that's big, is there an estimated weight for the piece? I'm also keen to see a little year of the monkey ref. somewhere.
Also does anyone know how thick the demo watches were?

·
Registered
12,807 Posts
This general discussion thread is for comments, discussions and questions outside the scope of the design threads. Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project.

Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

BILD1892.JPG BILD1895.JPG

These have a 36mm inside, will have to check the lug-lug.
Both fit under a cuff too.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Team

Fyi here is the first project promo video I recorded today with HKEd and the dial designer Clara. It's freshly online. I hope it will attract more registrations so we can make more dials.
Please, if you think it is interesting enough then also share it on facebook etc. We need more visibility. More registrations means more dials that we can make.

https://youtu.be/8TbvrtsTLzg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Team

Fyi here is the first project promo video I recorded today with HKEd and the dial designer Clara. It's freshly online. I hope it will attract more registrations so we can make more dials.
Please, if you think it is interesting enough then also share it on facebook etc. We need more visibility. More registrations means more dials that we can make.

https://youtu.be/8TbvrtsTLzg
Cool presentation! I like it so much.

21 - 40 of 286 Posts