WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
All, should you like to use my signature for a while ( instead of showing off your collection :) ), which would really help with awareness building (and it kinda works so far: +15 registrants in a week after a long period of stagnation, yet ideally we have a lot more), this is what you put in your sig:

[ IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/9ad880fbcc120ad266ab2302490c53a4.jpg[ /IMG]

Note: you can copy and paste the above line into your signature (in the settings menu), and then delete the space after the 2 [ symbols.
Because if I post the correct link then the picture will show instead of the code.

Thanks already !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey all, new joiner to the project here. Just checking, has there been any voting done yet? It will take me a long while to go through the entire design thread.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Welcome aboard!

Voting hasn't started yet but will do so shortly. I'll contact everyone on the registration list by PM once the vote thread is posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Decided to look at the early votes so far, and it's interesting to see what is being favoured. So far the Classic and new comer 'Dark' are off to an early lead. Tok seems to be coming up 3rd so far. I hope all those Tokkotai supporters come out and vote. I like the "dark" design, just not enough to buy one (I already have 2 watches with a similar finish.) The Classic and Tok are two unique watches... Anyway, it's day 1...so make your vote count.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hello all. The project states somewhere that the aim for the case is "for short lugs". I'm hoping this does not preclude quick strap changes such as with the Nato straps. I have watches that are incredibly difficult (Xetum) to change to a Nato because of the tight space to feed the strap through. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
Hello all. The project states somewhere that the aim for the case is "for short lugs". I'm hoping this does not preclude quick strap changes such as with the Nato straps. I have watches that are incredibly difficult (Xetum) to change to a Nato because of the tight space to feed the strap through. Just a thought.

We have heard in the design thread shortening the lugs on the prototype will not change the position of the spring bars with respect to the case body.

Rick "thinking this case will be too thick for NATO straps, however" Denney

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We have heard in the design thread shortening the lugs on the prototype will not change the position of the spring bars with respect to the case body.

Rick "thinking this case will be too thick for NATO straps, however" Denney
Thanks for the response - I have Nato's on my 14mm watches and although it adds to the thickness on the wrist I personally love this size. I was quite pleased to see this watch's dimensions and I'm excited to see what dial, hands, etc., are voted on!

I'm curious though, I notice on the registration list we haven't made it to 150 - have we actually made it there yet?

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
Thanks for the response - I have Nato's on my 14mm watches and although it adds to the thickness on the wrist I personally love this size. I was quite pleased to see this watch's dimensions and I'm excited to see what dial, hands, etc., are voted on!

I'm curious though, I notice on the registration list we haven't made it to 150 - have we actually made it there yet?
The first post of the Registration thread has a link to an online spreadsheet of all registrants. According to that, we are at 142. That's good for this stage of development.

Rick "not worried" Denney

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks Rick, I saw the list but was surprised it was just short of 150. Another question - I've noticed a couple of comments somewhere about the placement of the WUS logo, where is it proposed that this be place on the dial, if at all?

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
There has been no decision yet whether we would add a logo (and which one) on the selected dials. We can discuss and vote later on.
Last year's project watch had a simple W for watchuseek logo.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,052 Posts
It might be worth getting the word out again (e.g. Affordables and Public) once the results of the first vote are announced. On any forum project there will be a certain percent of late joiners who need a stronger sense of the final outcome before they commit. We are fortunate on this forum that there are so many who are prepared to register on the basis of the initial concept.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It might be worth getting the word out again (e.g. Affordables and Public) once the results of the first vote are announced. On any forum project there will be a certain percent of late joiners who need a stronger sense of the final outcome before they commit. We are fortunate on this forum that there are so many who are prepared to register on the basis of the initial concept.
That makes total sense. I suppose if I was on the fence on the proposed design I might have waited to see what unfolded during the whole process. This is fairly cool with regard to the whole process of creating the final product - gives one some ownership. Can't help but review the voting numbers for the dial and hoping my number pulls through!

·
Registered
663 Posts
This is my first project, and my first vote. I feel like my daughter, who is celebrating the big 13. All week, she was asking what we got her... I told her to be patient... Darn, now I'm telling myself that, too. One more week to go on the vote... ah man... can we call it early? Just kidding... can we? lol

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Well we hope make multiple dials so with a minimum of 50 dials per style it is well possible we will be able to make 3 dials. Personally i hope to make all of them, they have all personality and charm.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Well we hope make multiple dials so with a minimum of 50 dials per style it is well possible we will be able to make 3 dials. Personally i hope to make all of them, they have all personality and charm.
Making 3 dials would be perfect - really hard to make my No. 1 and 2 choices. There was a comment that stated because of the dial size a darker colour would be more suitable, I'm drawn to the light colour dials but would honestly be happy with any one of the proposed dials.

41 - 60 of 286 Posts