WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This general discussion thread is for comments, discussions and questions outside the scope of the design threads. Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I understand we are getting a top notch OEM for this project. How’s their work compared to another recent offering like the Bundeswehr? That’s already pretty stellar in my book.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Overall quality is higher, in particular lume, case finishing and bezel. Although it seems unlikely a rotating bezel will be used for our f72 project, given the votes posted so far.

I understand we are getting a top notch OEM for this project. How's their work compared to another recent offering like the Bundeswehr? That's already pretty stellar in my book.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I will be focusing on this one for now as a field watch is more interesting to me right now. However, I will follow the F71 diver to see how it goes as I may switch or get both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Also, as always I would like this to come with a bracelet!! Any chance we can stick to a vintage style and have it taper from 20mm to 16mm at the clasp? A jubilee might work for this design, if not then a simple oyster would suffice.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,629 Posts
Also, as always I would like this to come with a bracelet!! Any chance we can stick to a vintage style and have it taper from 20mm to 16mm at the clasp? A jubilee might work for this design, if not then a simple oyster would suffice.
Or something like this?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Or something like this?
A nice BOR would be cool! Also still interested in a ladder bracelet that was proposed before - maybe with a little less wide gaps than in the vintage example that was shown.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
While I like the BoR better, I feel like everyone has one in their collection that they could just swap onto the head if they wanted, no? A ladder might be more unique. Just my .02$.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
We will eventually vote on straps and bracelets (and associated costs).
I have the impression that my ladder bracelet idea wasn't universally loved, so not sure if it will survive. i found it a cool vintage sporty style.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We will eventually vote on straps and bracelets (and associated costs).
I have the impression that my ladder bracelet idea wasn't universally loved, so not sure if it will survive. i found it a cool vintage sporty style.
I think the main body of negative comments was in the affordable project. Didn't see much comment on it here. I think, since f72 is a bit more vintage oriented, it might find some more ground here - don't write it off yet!

Also, I think the ladder in the pic you shared was very open, and maybe a bit too much for most ppl (including me). I think the render showed smaller gaps between the links, which looks better imho. There is room for optimizing the proportions. I like the idea, something different and if optimized it could look really cool I think!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Just a thought, but if the case will be the same for both projects, just with or without a dive bezel, then could we not have two bracelet options and pick the one we want on the watch?

Either way I guess we will all get to vote later down the line.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Just a thought, but if the case will be the same for both projects, just with or without a dive bezel, then could we not have two bracelet options and pick the one we want on the watch?

Either way I guess we will all get to vote later down the line.

I guess that depends on the MOQ of a braclet and the amount of committed participants in both projects. Can imagine it might be a stretch to offer two types of bracelets..

·
Registered
873 Posts
I really do like the idea of the ladder bracelet! Let's not give out on that one just yet!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts