WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I actually think I like this blue better. Nice job!

·
Registered
873 Posts
With regards to name/logo, I have not seen any other recommendations yet, so with keeping to the Golden Dragon idea, here are some ideas (pulled from the web... would love to see an artist on the forum create something original/unique)

Any of these could be logo or caseback ideas.

Dragon Yellow Clip art Illustration Symbol

Head Black-and-white Illustration Line art Line

Line art White Drawing Head Fictional character

I'm completely open to other ideas as well.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Just a heads up regarding the logo...I am a mechanical designer, I do 3D modelling well, but not graphic design. If we are wanting to use a more complex logo like the dragon idea I'm really hoping we have someone that can design it up in graphic software for me to use...because unfortunately I won't be trying to create something like that from scratch in my 3D software!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Just a heads up regarding the logo...I am a mechanical designer, I do 3D modelling well, but not graphic design. If we are wanting to use a more complex logo like the dragon idea I'm really hoping we have someone that can design it up in graphic software for me to use...because unfortunately I won't be trying to create something like that from scratch in my 3D software!
If I have some time to kill this weekend I might give it a try. Though I don't have experience with the small scale of a watch, so am not sure I'll hit the mark size wise/detail wise.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
As Tom mentioned, here is a lighter blue mockup:

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Looks good :) What kind of finish are we talking here? As it stands I still prefer black, but if it has a nice sunburst I might be persuaded for blue also.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Looks good :) What kind of finish are we talking here? As it stands I still prefer black, but if it has a nice sunburst I might be persuaded for blue also.

I was thinking a nice matte finish for both the black and this lighter blue, I believe it will make the gold highlights truly 'pop'.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
As Tom mentioned, here is a lighter blue mockup:

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
I think I prefer this lighter blue dial, it is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I was thinking a nice matte finish for both the black and this lighter blue, I believe it will make the gold highlights truly 'pop'.
I still feel a sunburst would work best with either blue, and matt for the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mil6161

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Light blue looks great, though I still prefer black. I think the renders are awesome and that base design works well, no need to change the minute track away from what you have shown. I also dig the gold second hand, it is different, but does not look out of place like the red did.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know this might be controversial but how about leaving the dial as it (I.e., no logo, no text).

I'm normally a bit meh about plain dials but some work really well (Stowa's Fliegers for example). The light blue is amazing but think it could become quite cluttered quickly with too much more on it. It would also be something that made the watch a little bit different.

The name / logo, water resistance, etc could be on the case back.

Thinking of the logo.

Perhaps something like these:
Fictional character Turquoise Illustration
This is a standard way of depicting a dragon in Celtic design (represents the cycle of nature / immortality)

Dragon Fictional character Mythical creature Temporary tattoo Illustration
More Classical Chinese dragon

Sadly, my favourite design (the dragon, often a wyvern, with outstretched wings) is currently used by another watch maker.

Also perhaps using using the Chinese characters for golden dragon (on the dial, if agreed, or on the case back). I believe this is it:

Calligraphy Font Art

All images from net with a bit of google. So there's probably better ones out there!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I know this might be controversial but how about leaving the dial as it (I.e., no logo, no text).

I'm normally a bit meh about plain dials but some work really well (Stowa's Fliegers for example). The light blue is amazing but think it could become quite cluttered quickly with too much more on it. It would also be something that made the watch a little bit different.

The name / logo, water resistance, etc could be on the case back.

Thinking of the logo.

Perhaps something like these:
View attachment 12649767 This is a standard way of depicting a dragon in Celtic design (represents the cycle of nature / immortality)

View attachment 12649773 More Classical Chinese dragon

Sadly, my favourite design (the dragon, often a wyvern, with outstretched wings) is currently used by another watch maker.

Also perhaps using using the Chinese characters for golden dragon (on the dial, if agreed, or on the case back). I believe this is it:

View attachment 12649777

All images from net with a bit of google. So there's probably better ones out there!
The dragon biting its tail is a really cool idea! Fits with the golden ring design :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
If I have some time to kill this weekend I might give it a try. Though I don't have experience with the small scale of a watch, so am not sure I'll hit the mark size wise/detail wise.

Didn't get around to it I'm affraid.. the weekend turned out quite busy, might try something later.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts