WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hi, fyi I added a vote threasd for the bracelet option. Accidentally numbered 09.
Cool, voted no bracelet. While a dedicated bracelet might be cool, I'm not sure it's worth the additional cost to me, since there are already 2 other watches that will be eating my budget in december and early next year.
Especially also since the case design is straight between the lugs, so an aftermarket bracelet with straight end links will probably work great as well if I later desire so ;)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Cool, voted no bracelet. While a dedicated bracelet might be cool, I'm not sure it's worth the additional cost to me, since there are already 2 other watches that will be eating my budget in december and early next year.
Especially also since the case design is straight between the lugs, so an aftermarket bracelet with straight end links will probably work great as well if I later desire so ;)

Looking at the case design it does not have a straight/flat end but rather curves with the case so getting a fitted end link in the aftermarket will be much harder. Personally I do not like seeing a straight end bracelet on a curved case, it just looks wrong and a bit of an afterthought!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mil6161

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Looking at the case design it does not have a straight/flat end but rather curves with the case so getting a fitted end link in the aftermarket will be much harder. Personally I do not like seeing a straight end bracelet on a curved case, it just looks wrong and a bit of an afterthought!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It curves down with the lugs in one direction, but other than that it seems like straight to me - meaning drawing a line along the edge between the lugs, it would be a straight line.
Of course you aren't going to find fitted end links for that, but straight end links should look nice enough imho.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
A new thread with link to a dial choice survey form will be posted soon. Please follow the instructions and dials that reach minimum order quantity of 50 will be produced.

"There is a MOQ of 50 orders for each dial colour for it to reach production. The form will ask you to rank the dial colours in order of preference that you would buy.

Please only select the colours that you would buy (if you only like one colour then only rank that colour as your first preference )."

These will be the options:

1) Black
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

2) Light Blue

3) Brown

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Had a go at a logo idea. Bit of a quick sketch that could still use refinement:

Edit, instead of the golden dragon text, maybe translated in chinese characters? This is what google translate shows. If we want something like that, someone with some knowledge at chinese should probably chip in though, in order to prevent a potentially embarrassing translation

·
Registered
873 Posts
I like the idea suggested earlier of using the Chinese characters for Golden Dragon on the dial. In order to have any kind of detail resolution on the dial, our logo would have to be very simple and basic. I think we could do a much better job of making a super awesome caseback with a golden dragon than trying to fit one on the dial.

just an idea...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I like the idea suggested earlier of using the Chinese characters for Golden Dragon on the dial. In order to have any kind of detail resolution on the dial, our logo would have to be very simple and basic. I think we could do a much better job of making a super awesome caseback with a golden dragon than trying to fit one on the dial.

just an idea...
You beat me to it (see edit in previous post). Though just the characters alone, I'm not sure if I'd prefer that.

The logo still has potential to be a bit more simplified though. Right now it probably has too much detail going on to make sense on a watch-scale.

But for sure, the dragon theme has great potential for an awesome caseback.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had a go at a logo idea. Bit of a quick sketch that could still use refinement:

Edit, instead of the golden dragon text, maybe translated in chinese characters? This is what google translate shows. If we want something like that, someone with some knowledge at chinese should probably chip in though, in order to prevent a potentially embarrassing translation

That's a great start and one that would look amazing on a case back. But not sure it would work on the dial (and you'd loose so much if you simplified it too much).

Fan of just the Chinese characters on the front for Golden Dragon (but I'm biased) with a really detailed case back.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
A dial choice PM has been sent to all members on the registration list and so far we have only received 36 responses. We will need at least 100 commitments or this project will not go ahead.

Please reply to the dial survey if you haven't done so already. Let me know if you've registered but haven't received the PM.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Have we had more feedback on dial color votes? Where do we stand on commitment levels? I hope we can still move forward with this project!

Reactions: Cratto

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Have we had more feedback on dial color votes? Where do we stand on commitment levels? I hope we can still move forward with this project!
Looking at the amount of votes for the bracelet style/strap option, it doesn't look very promising in terms of commitment

The dial vote form might be a more accurate indicator though. I sure hope the bracelet style vote count is just low because people are indifferent of it, and that actual commitment is there; but at these numbers that seems whishfull thinking...

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
It is with the deepest regret that we announce our f72 2017 Field Watch Project has been cancelled. The relatively high price resulted in less interest than we anticipated, but we hope to return with more ideas for a more affordable watch next year.

All is not lost, however, as the f71 Diver Project (with the same case but using the NH35 movement) is going strong. Final touches are being added to our designs and there is still time for you to vote on various elements. We would appreciate it if you follow this link to learn more about our ongoing project. The price is USD350 with bracelet only.

Vintage Dive Watch Project 2017

Here are the designs so far - logo will be different and dial text will be added at six.

Black dial with no date

Blue dial

Brown dial with no date

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sad that this one didn't make it, but, if I'm to be honest, I have been backing both this one and the dive one and was more drawn to the dive watch. I was certainly interested in both, but if only 1 could be made, I'm happier it is the diver. Hope that one continues with great success!

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,222 Posts
As a mod, I want to thank claradead, Martin_B, Torsten, MrDagon007, KJRye, Recoil, HKEd, and anyone on the Committee i might have missed, for all the passion and work on this project.

And thanks as well to everyone else that took part as a contributor and potential purchaser. Very appreciated.

As for the diver...I like the Brown dial with no date. Vintage Dive Watch Project 2017

:)

101 - 120 of 123 Posts