WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1085 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This general discussion thread is for comments, discussions and questions outside the scope of the design threads. Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If anyone has suggestions for the logo and/or text that you would like to see on the dial, please let us know by posting in this general discussion thread. As mentioned in the initial information, the current logo and text on the renders are simply placeholders, meaning we must come up with alternative ideas!

·
Registered
929 Posts
If anyone has suggestions for the logo and/or text that you would like to see on the dial, please let us know by posting in this general discussion thread.
I'm wondering if we don't need a name prior to a logo. Or, if the decision should be integrated? I think the lot of us may be able to come with something cool and fun. Might be a missed opportunity.

These pop into my head as inspiration:

Aquastar.jpg
Scubapro.jpg

I jotted these down as I was pondering. The font on the BALAO is way too stylized, and the Bowfin needs lots of refinement. Add to that that neither is very good, and they are each too ambitious for group approval. Maybe they inspire someone else to come up with something though?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Some amateur mockups:

On faces.jpg

·
Registered
941 Posts
The logo on the renderings is something Ed or someone on the Chinese forum came up with. Frankly I cannot see any reason why we can't use it. However, I know this wouldn't garner enough interest to use it.

I do have some ideas that I would like to share, but will wait until the appropriate time for review.

Reactions: PFM

·
Registered
929 Posts
I do have some ideas that I would like to share, but will wait until the appropriate time for review.
Isn't now the time? Forgive my above post if it's not the appropriate time for such things.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I voted for the old design in the other thread, but not sure if it was appropriate to post comments there.

I like the old design, but really don’t like the chrome surrounds on the dial markers. Not sure if this will be another vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
I voted for the old design in the other thread, but not sure if it was appropriate to post comments there.

I like the old design, but really don’t like the chrome surrounds on the dial markers. Not sure if this will be another vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the chrome surround on the lume. This is a feature that you see on expensive timepieces which gives it an expensive vibe.

Reactions: Mil6161

·
Registered
453 Posts
Something I posted on the vote thread but decided to move here to be more relevant:

How far has the design vision been developed? I read the FAQ so I've got the basics, but I'm wondering about a couple of things. For example, will this be vintage inspired but modern or will it be vintage replica? At the moment it reminds me of a 62MAS. There's nothing wrong with that but having another 62MAS replica isn't very special. However, if it's based on a 60's tool diver archetype (to paraphrase Jason Lim) then there's scope to bring a modern interpretation, materials and finishes. I like the basic shape and would love to see some modern touches like a ceramic bezel and the DLC (which is a rendered option).

·
Registered
929 Posts
Maybe some kind of simple wave logo of this kind:
View attachment 12552063

As for the text, how about keeping it light.
No more than: WUS, Automatic, 200m
I would be ok with this. Not sure I like that particular wave, but I like the idea of a wave plus simple text.

Reactions: dwilliams851

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've seen some vintage divers that had a seahorse or two, such as both are facing inward and we could put something in the middle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ladder bracelet sounds interesting, haven't actually seen one so i naturally went to google and found this beautiful Zenith A3630.
If the new renders was closer to the Zenith, it would instantly get my vote. I voted for the old though.

Something that would be awesome for endlinks, if it ends up coming with bracelet, would be that the endlinks are compatible with the screwed in oyster/endmill bracelets from Strapcode etc.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've seen some vintage divers that had a seahorse or two, such as both are facing inward and we could put something in the middle.
A seahorse logo could be pretty nice too :)

I love the wave logo idea, especially if it's an applied, flat metallic logo :)

My other hopes for this:

- Drilled lugs
- Acrylic (sapphire ok) domed crystal
- Not too big <= 40mm
- No-date option
+1 for all this

I'd add straight end lugs like the Glycine Combat Sub and some Tissot PR/PRS 516 models.
A jubilee bracelet could add a nice vintage vibe without being too retro. I don't really like ladder bracelets.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I love the wave logo idea, especially if it's an applied, flat metallic logo :)

My other hopes for this:

- Drilled lugs This is a given. We had this on the Bundeswehr
- Acrylic (sapphire ok) domed crystal If we go with a Swiss movement, the sapphire should be added
- Not too big <= 40mm If we go with less than 40, this would be a deal breaker for some
- No-date option I would hope this would be an option. Did any vintage diver have a sapphire crystal?
^^^ My answers are in red ^^^

For those who are not on board with coffin hands, here is a picture of a vintage diver.

1 - 20 of 1085 Posts