WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This vote is to determine what movement will be used for the watch. This will also determine the price point this watch will be at.

Only members on the registration list will be eligible to vote. Please register here02. Project Registration if you want to participate.

The choices are:

ETA 2824 Standard grade: Projected price for a watch with this movement without bracelet will be around $450.
S
eiko NH35:
Projected price for a watch with this movement without bracelet will be around $300.

Voting will end at October 23th 09:00 GMT

On behalf of the committee,

Martin

·
Registered
11,508 Posts
Re: 04. Second Vote: Movement

Will the thickness of the watch be affected by the choice of movement? If so whichever movement will allow for the thinner overall case.

The $150 price difference; I'll forget about in 6 months but the extra couple of millimeters of thickness I'll have to live with for years or it will become a victim of an early flip.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
04. Second Vote: Movement

Will the thickness of the watch be affected by the choice of movement? If so whichever movement will allow for the thinner overall case.

The $150 price difference; I'll forget about in 6 months but the extra couple of millimeters of thickness I'll have to live with for years or it will become a victim of an early flip.

Eta 2824 is 4.6mm thick, nh35 is 5.32mm thick, hence a difference of 0.7mm, probably not that important for this decision.
(Edited for thickness typo)

·
11,481 Posts

Seiko NH35

·
Registered
11,508 Posts

Eta 2824 is 4.6mm thick, nh35 is 5.32mm thick, hence a difference of 0.6mm, probably not that important for this decision.
Didn't realize they were so close. A lot of Swiss Brands seem to successfully use the 2824 in 11 and 12 mm thick cases while still maintaining 200 m water resistance. Nearly every Seiko and microbrand that I can think of that uses the nh35 ends up with a much thicker case. Didn't realize that that was a design decision I just assumed that it was related to the physical limitations of the movement. Thanks for the clarification

If we are talking about a negligible difference of 0.6 mm then I agree the choice of movement doesn't really matter that much. Then my vote will go to the nh35.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts

Eta 2824 is 4.6mm thick, nh35 is 5.32mm thick, hence a difference of 0.6mm, probably not that important for this decision.
+1

But the difference is 0.72 mm. As long as both are not more than 1 mm apart, I'm fine.

Seiko/TMI NH35 for me. :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Nh35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.