WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 1 year of buying about 20 watches, I see the need for the following:

Personality statement watch that is my affordable grail. - Most likely a Tourbillon

Tux time - Along the lines of a Nomos Glasshute Orion. Sleek, elegant, reserved

Dress - Regulator and a chronograph(I do own an Oris Artix - no day or date on my dress watches ever). Need black, blue and white dial options with bands to match my favorite shoes/belts.

Work/Casual watches:

Flight watches (3) - Traditional (black dial/band) and a biaxial chrono (white dial/brn. band) (Dodane type 23 is my grail), a flight master blue dial.

Divers (3) - Tool type, vintage(Zodiac chrono is cool) and a more elegant one(Citizen Grand Touring NB1031 is my affordable grail)

Everyday misc. - Manly watch (my Bulova Precisionist Champlain is big and bad), Misc. quartz (Seiko VK64 bi axial chron is my fav.), Several Parnis seagull autos for variety at a $100/pc. Two Android 9015 autos for kicking with my hommies.

Please add anything that I have not discovered yet.

Carpe Diem and wear them in good health

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Personally I find that creating needs to form a collection is not a good idea. I prefer to buy pieces organically so long as I have a dress and a casual watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hmm, perhaps a moon phase, doesn’t necessarily have to be mechanical, could be quartz, or how about materials rather than type, like an all Titanium watch of some type.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
A year later you may find yourself selling them all.... Or that was how the years came to pass for me... So it might pay to buy preowned...

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I tried to be a 'love a different watch for different situations' kind-of-guy but stumbled upon a 'love a single watch that I want to wear more than all my other watches for all situations' kind of watch. I now have a watch case full of depreciated value watches that I don't wear and I've not found time to sell at a significant discount.

I continue to scour the forums and blogs for a 2nd watch that truly would split wrist time with the one I love and currently wear 99% of the time but 10 months into my search and 16 months after my last purchase for that 'equal love' watch I still have come up empty.

Reactions: mike4761

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All the pricier ones have been pre-owned (the Oris for sure), but even my Fossil titanium chrono. 50% of new price = 2X the watches.
A bronze diver and pilot would be cool.
Rotating sub-bezels are my longest lasting fascination. I love depth and raised hour markers too. I think big hour #'s will look so 2015 in 10-20 years. Trendy things seem to come and go. Big 12:00 dates are here to last. Blind 50+ bastards like me and Patek is even doing it.
I only go above 44mm on divers now.
Only real regret: Android Divemaster 9100. I wanted a Miyota 9100. Too bad it weighs 14 oz., but I got I for $160. I could use it to bludgeon somebody with :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, perhaps a moon phase, doesn’t necessarily have to be mechanical, could be quartz, or how about materials rather than type, like an all Titanium watch of some type.
I have the new Parnis true moon phase auto in the mail. $95 shipped, such a deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts