WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
he got another one for sale for $7.000
What's up with that MRG-130 being so much? I don't see anything special about it over a regular MRG-130-1A.

The Eric Clapton one must be rare, but that price still seems a little crazy. Maybe there's a crazy convergence of Eric Clapton and G-Shock fans that have way too much money to spend. :think:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I know those guys from the Swiss auto world - they've got very good contacts in the watch world and are pretty good at sourcing hard-to-find items. It I know him, it will sell....

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Very Coool G :-! Maybe someone out there will buy it for the asking price o|

Edit, 80 bucks for postage are they going to deliver it in person. come on that's freaking crazy

·
Registered
810 Posts
FYI- I placed a bid(offer) of $135.00 on the 130, and it got kicked right back DECLINED, lol.... Regards Steve ps spent my money on that MRG-7100
that was for sale in our forum area, now everyday I sit and wait for the mailLady:think:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
it's obvious to me this is either a typo or a 'dart throw'. i've watched this model off and on yahoo auctions, and see them going for < $500.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Or maybe it comes with Eric Clapton himself. :-d

If I'm going to plonk down ten grand for a watch, the crown should at least be on the right side. ;-)

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
The Eric Clapton model is worth around $400 in good used condition and upwards of $700 in mint condition. So it is a very rare and expensive model, but definetly not a 10k watch!:rodekaart

He is also misleading in the description, trying to give the impression its almost the only watch in the world of this model whne in fact it was produced in atleast 1000 copys for the Japanese market.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,567 Posts
The Eric Clapton model is worth around $400 in good used condition and upwards of $700 in mint condition. So it is a very rare and expensive model, but definetly not a 10k watch!:rodekaart
I was going to write something similar with about the same amounts. I got the "Straight No Chaser" for around €400.- a few years ago. that was about $450.- or so around that time. I have seen this model about the same times for sale as my "Straight No Chaser". I know the Eric Clapton is a wanted model, but over $700 - $800 is nonsense I think.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
:-d $10k's madness then!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts