WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wolud like to know what is the differece between 10 year and regular battery. 10 year is lithium, am I right? And can the 10 year battery be replaced by regular one? What is the difference in price?

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
afaik all batteries today are lithium, at least all those CRxxxx types. there is no such thing as a dedicated 10 years battery. according to casio the 10 year lifetime got something to do with a "special hardware development in the module", but I don't buy that, for me it is simply marketing BS.

take a mudman G-9000 and a G-2900 for instance: both use exactly the same type of battery - a CR2025. in the mudman case casio claims an approx. lifetime of about 3 years, in case of the G-2900 they speak of "10years battery", so go figure....

regards, holger

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, same battery? That's odd. I did't know that. Maybe because mudman has some features that consumes more power? But than all basic model sholud have 10y battery life. I red that some of old g-shock have batteries over 10 years without replacement. Also I saw some analog casios with "10 year battery".

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
a CR2025 3 volt lithium battery has an average capacity of about 170mah. thats quite a lot for such a small, low power consumpting item like a wristwatch. of course it all depends on how often one uses el-backlight, alarms etc. but I'm willing to bet, that a CR2025 is capable of running 10 years in more than 90% of all watches (with execption of ABC watches).

regards, holger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts