WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have both and wish to opine on them? I always liked the 600T for comfort etc, but wonder about the extra couple mm height of the new 1000T ; what think??? email me pls??? thnx

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Anyone have both and wish to opine on them? I always liked the 600T for comfort etc, but wonder about the extra couple mm height of the new 1000T ; what think??? email me pls??? thnx
Watch the forum. Several people have stated that they will do a comparison as soon as their 1000T arrives. I would expect a comparison with pics in the next week or so.........;-)

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
I had the 1000T for about 48 hours. It is a great watch, but I was hoping/assuming for something closer to the 600T.

When I put the 1000T Skarkie next to my 600T DS, there was so much more that I preferred about the 600T. I found the height difference was not that much (the deeper back settled into my wrist), but the higher dome of the 600T crystal just makes a positive difference to me. I was kind of wishing that I hadn't sold the 750T Sharkie which I find that I still like a lot.

A bill for further mechanical restoration of my garage queen, The Tomato Can, made me scramble for available, non-household budget cash, and the 1000T was chosen to go. I have since found a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
201 Posts
but the higher dome of the 600T crystal just makes a positive difference to me. I was kind of wishing that I hadn't sold the 750T Sharkie which I find that I still like a lot.
Not sure I understand - you prefer the 600T to the 1000T sharkie due to the slightly more domed crystal...but you also prefer the 750T sharkie to the 1000T even though the 750T does not have any domed crystal??? :-s

Different opinion here - I've also had all three, 600T, 750T and 1000T and other than the slightly more domed crystal on the 600T, the 1000T has the advantage in every other area because all the improvements over the 600T that went into the 750T were carried into the 1000T and not on the 600T including thicker bezel, crown with bezel teeth edge, stamped logo caseback, 120 teeth bezel (verses 60 on the 600T), plus the 1000T has a slightly thicker bracelet with solid end links and more vintage matte dial color/lume. Only other difference is the brushed rice beads verses polished.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Doxa was so right when they said that these are two totally different watches. To a casual observer they look very similar on the wrist. However, they wear quite differently. I'll have to wear the 600T next week because I haven't taken the 1000T off since I got it. The main difference lies in the deeper caseback, which anchors the watch head to your wrist. It doesn't move as much as the 600T or the 750T. I suppose this is because I hate a tight bracelet. I always follow the old two finger rule.

The other difference worth noting is the domed crystal. I'm not really sure whether I like the 600T or 1000T better. I'm just glad that I'm a Doxaholic and don't have to make a choice.:-d For me they're both keepers as is the 750T or any other Doxa I'll ever come by.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
You're right. I was a bit confusing. Too hurried.

I like the domed crystal of the 600T. I like the "wide open spaces" of the 750T dial. The 1000T didn't satisfy either need on my part. The 750T Sharkie and the 600TDS went as part of my Rolex quest this past autumn. I've since re-acquired a 600T DS and am now awaiting the arrival of a 600T Sharkie.

I would try a 1000T Caribbean if one came about.

·
Registered
847 Posts
my 2 cents

Had my 1000T Pro for a week, and in anticipation of receiving it sold my 600T. A bit of a gamble but what the heck. Fit and finish look pretty good and it is keeping time well. So far:

Very much like the 1000T bezel better. 120 clicks and thicker, a very positive improvement.

Crystal, have to agree with Mike, I like the higher 600T domed crystal better.

Dial, the orange on the 1000T is a flatter colour no doubt. I prefer the shinier 600T colour a bit better. The little indicies around the edge of the dial make no difference to me. The dial looks smaller, but I guess that is just an optical illusion.

I am not a fan of the deeper case back. I find for me it wobbles around more than the 600T did.

I really don't like the bracelet on the 1000T. The beads of rice looked more like beads on the 600T bracelet, and I preferred the shinny beads, it looked classier in my opinion. The 1000T bracelet has screws instead of pins, but really, after sizing it once, who cares. The clasp on the 1000T bracelet seems nicer.

Overall I liked the 600T a bit better. Better enough to sell the 1000T and re-buy a 600T? Probably not. Really, I do like it, the only big issues to me are the better bezel, and the less attractive bracelet, so they more or less cancel each other out.

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
The differences aren't that great IMHO...>

I used to own a 600 SHarky and now have the 1000m Sharky. I personally think the 1000m is the BEST standard diver Doxa has put out. My buddy at work has a 600 Pro and I took the 1000 in and compared it to the 600. The bezel is slightly thicker (top to bottom) and the 1000m caseback is slightly deeper. Other than that not really all that different. It does have a very slightly domed sapphire crystal and not really obtrusive at all. Bravo Doxa -Ronbo

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
................ 120 teeth bezel (verses 60 on the 600T),
Not sure this is necessarily an advantage. Scottie and I have had this debate several times since he has gotten his 600T DS. Even though I love all of my 750Ts, I actually think I like the 60 over the 120 teeth bezel..........

Just IMHO and my

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: The differences aren't that great IMHO...>

I have five 750Ts, one 600T and now two 1000s and sometimes I like the bigger 750 and sometimes I prefer the smaller 1000 - they are so different that I don't prefer one to the other; I enjoy them both. I definitely prefer the 1000 to the 600 with one minor exception - I prefer the beads polished as on the 600, but in all other respects, the 1000 bracelet is better for me than the 600.

Bill.

·
Registered
847 Posts
btw, off topic

I used to own a 600 SHarky and now have the 1000m Sharky. I personally think the 1000m is the BEST standard diver Doxa has put out. My buddy at work has a 600 Pro and I took the 1000 in and compared it to the 600. The bezel is slightly thicker (top to bottom) and the 1000m caseback is slightly deeper. Other than that not really all that different. It does have a very slightly domed sapphire crystal and not really obtrusive at all. Bravo Doxa -Ronbo
Love the Avatar. One of my favourite Max Von Sydow parts!

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Not sure this is necessarily an advantage. Scottie and I have had this debate several times since he has gotten his 600T DS. Even though I love all of my 750Ts, I actually think I like the 60 over the 120 teeth bezel..........

Just IMHO and my
My CWC Royal Navy Diver has a 60 click bezel. All my other diver bezels are 120 click. Not sure if there'd be a viable difference for functionality, but I have a strong preference for the feel of the 120 click. It's how dive bezels "are done" these days IMHO.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
My CWC Royal Navy Diver has a 60 click bezel. All my other diver bezels are 120 click. Not sure if there'd be a viable difference for functionality, but I have a strong preference for the feel of the 120 click. It's how dive bezels "are done" these days IMHO.
I agree that there is not probably any functional difference. I am not saying that I don't like the 120 Click 750Ts. I really do. I also really like the very sturdy, hard to turn 60 click of the 600T. Maybe it is just because it does remind me of my vintage Synchrons...........

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
I agree that there is not probably any functional difference. I am not saying that I don't like the 120 Click 750Ts. I really do. I also really like the very sturdy, hard to turn 60 click of the 600T. Maybe it is just because it does remind me of my vintage Synchrons...........
T Bone said:
...All my other diver bezels are 120 click...
:oops: I think I forgot one! :-d My vintage 300T is of course a 60 click also..... man, I just wore it yeaterday! o|

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I agree with Jason here. For me it's not about the 60 or 120 clicks. It's about the solid feel of the 600T bezel. It moves quite easily but you get the feeling it would take a block of C4 to get it to move on it's own. Isn't that what the dive watch bezel is supposed to do?

Joe

·
Registered
620 Posts
Again, being fairly new to this forum, but not new to watch collecting, I looked at the 600 T vs the 750 T and the 1000 T. Being a dive watch, it's nice to have a domed crystal (beside I like the look). The polished bracelet (for me) is hands down, better looking. One mm additional thickness in the bezel is not significant to me, but I do like 1 click - one minute (makes sense). Lastly, production has stopped, somewhere between 2 and 3 thousand. It is truly a limited edition.;-)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I always liked the 600T for comfort etc, but wonder about the extra couple mm height of the new 1000T ; what think?
I have both, and the height difference is so minor that I don't really notice it. The smaller case of the 1000T is very distinct and a pleasure to wear compared to the big 750 Mil or the TGraph. I got rid of both of them, too big.

Overall, the 1000T is nice but not that much different than the 600T: can't decide if it is a keeper yet.
DW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts