WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have their 1000T on a Nato strap? I have a 1000T Sharkhunter on the way and I'm thinking of getting a Maratac Bond nato, just to switch it up if I get bored of the bracelet.

If you have one, does it sit well on the wrist? Or is the watch head too heavy? Any help (or pictures) would be appreciated.

:thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would like to see that too :) I don't think it will be too heavy I had my 750 Sharkie on one with no problem. ED

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just put a Maratac on my new TUSA 1000T and it is fantastic. I will try to post pics later.
I have a 750T Pro and I must say that I was apprehensive when I saw the size (smaller). My concerns were set aside as soon as I put it on my wrist. Awesome fit and I am perplexed now why so many are flipping their TUSA's. Oh well......my gain.
Enjoy your Sharkhunter! You did well with the Summer Special.:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
214 Posts
didn't know how to add a link to an old post but look at 4 ring on a pro

·
Registered
Too many Speedys!
1,885 Posts
Got my 1000T Pro on a gray 2 piece, looks and wears great, will try to post pics later....:-!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks great on the zulus. However I'm really just interested in the nato straps and if they support the weight of the watch. The natos are a bit thinner than the zulus so I thought they might be kind of flimsy on a heavy watch head.

I had a 22mm nato on a Seiko SKX007 and I really liked it. I've never had a Doxa though, so I'm not sure how it compares weight-wise, and with a 20mm strap, or if it sits too high on the wrist with the extra strap material underneath.

I look forward to the pictures - thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks great on the zulus. However I'm really just interested in the nato straps and if they support the weight of the watch. The natos are a bit thinner than the zulus so I thought they might be kind of flimsy on a heavy watch head.

I had a 22mm nato on a Seiko SKX007 and I really liked it. I've never had a Doxa though, so I'm not sure how it compares weight-wise, and with a 20mm strap, or if it sits too high on the wrist with the extra strap material underneath.

I look forward to the pictures - thanks again!
In your original post, you said you were considering a Maratac Bond NATO. Since Maratac also makes the ZULU, I'm under the impression that the material thickness is the same.

I have an issue G-!0 NATO that I could put on my TUSA 1000T. That would give you an idea of what the thin NATO looks like on a 1000T, but if you're going with Maratac, it probably won't be the pic you're looking for. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Got my 1000T Pro on a gray 2 piece, looks and wears great, will try to post pics later....:-!
Good to see you back Chris.:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In your original post, you said you were considering a Maratac Bond NATO. Since Maratac also makes the ZULU, I'm under the impression that the material thickness is the same.

I have an issue G-!0 NATO that I could put on my TUSA 1000T. That would give you an idea of what the thin NATO looks like on a 1000T, but if you're going with Maratac, it probably won't be the pic you're looking for. Let me know.
I think Maratac's NATOs are slightly thinner than the zulus. The combination between that and a different weave seems to give them a flimsier feel. I was just wondering if anyone had put one on the 1000T and if it distributed the weight evenly and comfortably.

The straps are pretty inexpensive, I'll probably just get it and see if it works. :-!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here are some of my Pros (sorry no 1000T) on a Bond-Style Nato-Strap for a comparison. Normally I wear them with the original band.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have tried the 1000T on both the Maratac NATO and Maratac NATO with the ZULU style clasps. As others have noted, I found that the Maratac NATO strap was much thinner/flimsier than the Maratac NATO with the ZULU clasps.

Personally, I think the chunkier, rounded ZULU clasps on the Maratac NATO better fits the 1000T's look/feel and the ZULU clasps are, IMO, cooler looking. As such, my experience is based on only wearing the NATO with ZULU clasps and for that strap, found the watch to wear very evenly on the wrist. The only downside to that strap - the added thickness raises the watch a little higher up on the wrist and as well noted in Dr. Pete's 1000T review on doxa300t.com, the 1000T already sits high on the wrist due to the bellied underside which by default, does not allow the watch to sit as flat on the wrist as other options. I've not yet found that to be a problem, but something to consider.

Peace.

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
While I don't have a 1000T to compare, I do often wear a Marathon SAR on a G10 NATO strap (pretty sure these are thinner than the Maratac NATO pattern straps). The SAR is I'm certain similar in weight, height and size to the 1000T. Never had an issue, they've always worn quite well.

I do have one pic of a 750T Pro on a NATO (a decent "knock off in this case, a color not offered by the genuine maker). I usually buy my NATO's made by the MOD supplier.

Here's the 750T (22 mm strap) ...

And the Marathon (20 mm straps)...

Hth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts