WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a pre-owned 116610 and noticed that there appears to be damage the the bezel markers on the "zero" of the 20 and the tick mark between the 40 and 50. I am not sure if the bezel is inlayed with aluminum or painted but this caught my eye and I wanted to get some feedback. Is this possibly an aftermarket bezel or simply normal wear and tear. I have little experience with ceramic.

Also, I can pick up the watch for $6250 with box only. The watch was serviced by a non-rolex shop a few years back. Seller is reputable so there is no question that the watch is authentic and carries a 1 year warranty.

Thanks for the feedback.

FullSizeR.jpg IMG_1003.JPG

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
looking at a pre-owned 116610 and noticed that there appears to be damage the the bezel markers on the "zero" of the 20 and the tick mark between the 40 and 50. I am not sure if the bezel is inlayed with aluminum or painted but this caught my eye and I wanted to get some feedback. Is this possibly an aftermarket bezel or simply normal wear and tear. I have little experience with ceramic.
It's all ceramic, so no aluminium. I have one from 2012, wear it without care, and my bezel is still perfect. Are you sure the marks are not just dirt or ink or something similar. IMHO You would have to have to be pretty rough with the watch to chip the bezel markers

·
Registered
739 Posts
Unlikely to be a crack in the ceramic -- that's not going to happen inside the markers, since that's not an impact point. Could be dirt, or it could be the number wearing off.

Brand new ceramic subs can be had for $7500, so I don't know why you'd pay $6250 for a used one.
this. You can also find minty used ones for a couple hundred dollars more than the one you're looking at. I say keep looking. One of the biggest mistakes people make when watch shopping is being in a hurry. There will always be another piece, so take your time and make sure you buy the right one for you.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
this. You can also find minty used ones for a couple hundred dollars more than the one you're looking at. I say keep looking. One of the biggest mistakes people make when watch shopping is being in a hurry. There will always be another piece, so take your time and make sure you buy the right one for you.
This is a great piece of advice. Few people learn from others experience and most people learn from their own experience. Patience is one of friends during the watch buying process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts