WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after months of procrastinating, I finally ordered the 1171 Speedy bracelet to go along with my beloved 3572.50. I've been trying to fit that case into every conceivable leather strap but have been mildly disappointed thus far. Here's hoping that the 1171 will cure this problem...most pictures I've seen having it are superb. As a friend put it, its' in the simplicity of the bracelet that's most likeable about it.

Waiting, waiting...

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey Glimmer,

I hope you will not be disappointed. The 1171 is quite 'cheapish'. No SEL and it is quite rattling when you wear it. At least it is not very expensive

I would propose to find another bracelet more suiting and far better quality like the 1498/99 or a 1479. If you get lucky you might be even able (quite difficult, took me a year) to find the grail of Speedy bracelets the 1450, though at a very high cost (normal price: around 1000$)

There is a brilliant review here: www.omega-addict.com/reviews/bracelets.

Good luck

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Finally, after months of procrastinating, I finally ordered the 1171 Speedy bracelet to go along with my beloved 3572.50. I've been trying to fit that case into every conceivable leather strap but have been mildly disappointed thus far. Here's hoping that the 1171 will cure this problem...most pictures I've seen having it are superb. As a friend put it, its' in the simplicity of the bracelet that's most likeable about it.

Waiting, waiting...

Thanks
Glimmer
I understand the struggle to get that absolutely perfect strap, Glimmer. I'm really, really particular about what I want, but the kevlar has been doing it for me for the last six months or so.

I think the ref.1171 will work out well. Let us know when it arrives.

...I would propose to find another bracelet more suiting and far better quality like the 1498/99 or a 1479. If you get lucky you might be even able (quite difficult, took me a year) to find the grail of Speedy bracelets the 1450, though at a very high cost (normal price: around 1000$)...
Yowza, Pacchi. I've seen some asking prices pushing $500, but I had no idea the 1450 was going for that much. Yikes.

eric

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've been looking into some old-school bracelet options for my Omegas, too. Please tell us what you think of the 1171.

I'm really not too enamored with any of the modern bracelets with the alternating brushed/polished design, even if the clasps have gotten much sturdier. I also love the simplicity of the 1171 look, and I think it's a fair price for something I consider almost disposable. If 1450's are going for $1000 USD, you might as well get a couple 1171's and save the change!

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I've been looking into some old-school bracelet options for my Omegas, too. Please tell us what you think of the 1171.

I'm really not too enamored with any of the modern bracelets with the alternating brushed/polished design, even if the clasps have gotten much sturdier. I also love the simplicity of the 1171 look, and I think it's a fair price for something I consider almost disposable. If 1450's are going for $1000 USD, you might as well get a couple 1171's and save the change!
I'm with you, wml. I appreciate the solid construction and clasp of the current bracelets, but I prefer something much simpler.

I don't want to contradict Pacchi, because he may have seen 1450s sell for $1000, but I think with patience, you can find one for around $400. In the last few months, at least a couple have sold on ebay for around that price.

eric

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I'm with Chuck Maddox on this one: The 1450 is by far and away the most comfortable Omega bracelet for the vintage Speedy. It works wonderfully with my 105.012...

But they are dang hard to find:-!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Glimmer, I just ordered an 1171, too. That makes two of us now! :-!

I funded it by selling a PO rubber strap. As soon as I can sell my Bond bracelet, I'm going to stock up on some other straps! :-d

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I definitely like the 1171, it has a very simple feel to it compared with the ones on my modern Speedies, for the price it's a nice option in my opinion :-! Here on my 1969 pre-moon.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Glimmer, I just ordered an 1171, too. That makes two of us now! :-!

I funded it by selling a PO rubber strap. As soon as I can sell my Bond bracelet, I'm going to stock up on some other straps! :-d
Hi wml,

Do you have a definite buyer for your Bond bracelet already? Kindly PM me if its' still up for grabs...

Thanks
Glimmer

p.s. congrats on the 1171!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts