WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I looking to get watch. I don't have any specific watch in mind .I was hoping someone can suggest to me what to get. thanks
Daniel.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You should at least indicate some genres, dress watch, diver, sporty chrono? Quartz or Auto? It would be pointless to post the millions of options we have at this point...

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,622 Posts
Hi ,
I looking to get watch. I don't have any specific watch in mind .I was hoping someone can suggest to me what to get. thanks
Daniel.
There is an uncountable number of interesting choices that could range from a Oris diver to a Nomos handwind to a Junghans Mega 1000 digital to a Seiko Cocktail Time if your goal is to spend a good portion of the $1,200 So yes please narrow the choices. It could include features like dressy, sporty, mechanical, quartz, leather strap, steel bracelet, large size, small size, etc.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
May I suggest you go to Amazon or JomaShop.com, spend a few hours looking then come back with a couple of pictures of watches you like.
Then, we can advise from that....Good luck and good hunting.

·
Registered
12,228 Posts
Look through the "What are you wearing" daily threads and see what strikes you fancy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Go big or go home! Get an Omega, something that can be passed down for generations. I bought this used for $1200 (ok $1275, but close enough)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
Vintage 1940s Longines Buships military wristwatch.

DSCF1821.jpg

Or a Seiko Astron.

Seiko_Astron_Space_560.jpg

Flip a coin between the two.

Reactions: ConElPueblo

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think the OP has no idea of what he wants and is looking for some advice from those that maybe know a thing or two about watches. Hell, I still don't know what I want!
My advice is to keep it simple and go used with one of the old stand-byes, Omega, Rolex. If you end up developing your own tastes and your first "real" time piece isn't exactly what you want, you will always be able to get back almost all of you spent on it. Those are good pieces to start with.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
65,019 Posts
Daniel, there are thousands of options out there. Why not have a look on the daily WRUW threads and see what sort of thing you like?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts