WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the stock and models left on the 1200's and when they will discontiue the discount prices ? I am so so ready to pull the trigger on one . Had to wait to pay for surgery and now that its done waiting on tax return and it will be mine .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone know the stock and models left on the 1200's and when they will discontiue the discount prices ? I am so so ready to pull the trigger on one . Had to wait to pay for surgery and now that its done waiting on tax return and it will be mine .
I bet they are @ 100 of 1200 by now. Mine is #32 sold in June 2010. Lots of stock left, but I can't speak for the pricing. I think my watch is the best I have ever owned!!
Charlie

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
I bet they are @ 100 of 1200 by now. Mine is #32 sold in June 2010. Lots of stock left, but I can't speak for the pricing. I think my watch is the best I have ever owned!!
Charlie
Can't count on telling much by serial numbers, unless DOXA has changed procedure, in the past all DOXA SUB Reissues were issued with serial numbers in random orders. Lower numbers could come either early or late (or both!) in the deliveries.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can't count on telling much by serial numbers, unless DOXA has changed procedure, in the past all DOXA SUB Reissues were issued with serial numbers in random orders. Lower numbers could come either early or late (or both!) in the deliveries.
Thanks T Bone....I was not aware of that!! I will shut up now......................:-(

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Thanks T Bone....I was not aware of that!! I will shut up now......................:-(
Hey, it is not like your logic was at all flawed. Most companies do in fact follow sequence at least to some degree, when it comes to a limited edition and serial number order. If you weren't aware of this being one of DOXA's idiosyncrasy's, how else would you have found out?

For the record, I believe the stated reason this policy was adopted early on was so that all buyers would have an equal chance at a lower serial number. TBH, I've never concerned myself with the number itself (as long as it has one!). But to some people, such things are desirable, even important.

Keep in mind still that even as popular as the DOXA SUB as a Reissue has been, if you total all variants made since it's resurrection, if you took every last one of them and placed them all together, the huge group would still be dwarfed by one year's production from a large Swiss Watch Company the like of Breitling (for example).

DOXA is after all, still a smaller company WRT the SUBs, a bit larger than a "boutique" label I'm sure, yet still small enough to be quite unique and uncommon. They do tend to stand out, and with us here on the Forum frequently (and many having several in our collections) we may tend to forget that. They just seem ubiquitous to us. That really is far from the truth!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey, it is not like your logic was at all flawed. Most companies do in fact follow sequence at least to some degree, when it comes to a limited edition and serial number order. If you weren't aware of this being one of DOXA's idiosyncrasy's, how else would you have found out?

For the record, I believe the stated reason this policy was adopted early on was so that all buyers would have an equal chance at a lower serial number. TBH, I've never concerned myself with the number itself (as long as it has one!). But to some people, such things are desirable, even important.

Keep in mind still that even as popular as the DOXA SUB as a Reissue has been, if you total all variants made since it's resurrection, if you took every last one of them and placed them all together, the huge group would still be dwarfed by one year's production from a large Swiss Watch Company the like of Breitling (for example).

DOXA is after all, still a smaller company WRT the SUBs, a bit larger than a "boutique" label I'm sure, yet still small enough to be quite unique and uncommon. They do tend to stand out, and with us here on the Forum frequently (and many having several in our collections) we may tend to forget that. They just seem ubiquitous to us. That really is far from the truth!
Many Thanks T Bone....
Thanks for the kind reply, and the info on Doxa's numbering system. I am most interested in the company. I can't say enough about my 1200T Pro! For the money, you get a LOT of watch!
best
Charlie

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow! With such a nice overstock, do we hear a discount in the works?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts