WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this feature bother anyone else? I am such a stickler for detail and I do not understand the rationale for placing the HRV in such a position.

Just for the record, I am not posting for a lack of knowledge or experience standpoint...I bought a 1200t Professional directly from Doxa.

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Does this feature bother anyone else? I am such a stickler for detail and I do not understand the rationale for placing the HRV in such a position.

Just for the record, I am not posting for a lack of knowledge or experience standpoint...I bought a 1200t Professional directly from Doxa.
Actually the valve is centered on the 1200T. It's centered to the inside of the case. The flange on the side of the case is longer/deeper on the 1200T, so it looks like the 1200T case is thicker than the 1000T, but really it isn't. If the HRV were centered with the flange, then the hole for the HRV would likely go right through the side of the case-back.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Not really. Most of the time I forget it's there. But I see what you mean (just checked the watch hope it doesn't start bothering me now lol)

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the valve is centered on the 1200T. It's centered to the inside of the case. The flange on the side of the case is longer/deeper on the 1200T, so it looks like the 1200T case is thicker than the 1000T, but really it isn't. If the HRV were centered with the flange, then the hole for the HRV would likely go right through the side of the case-back.
Makes sense...thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Not a problem for me. It is probably the feature I care about the least. I've had a bunch of watches with the HRV, and I've never spent more than a spare second looking at them.

I tend to spend most of my "looking time" looking at the dial. That's how I know what time it is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I believbe the HRVs on the 5000T and original 300T Conquistador are even less centered than that of the 1200t...
Not really. It all has to do with the shape / design of the side of the case. With the 5000T the HRV is centered on the case side perfectly, but a notch was machined out of the bottom edge of the case side. For the 300T HRV the bottom edge of the case was machined high, which gave the impression it wasn't centered. Actually I like how they did it on the 300T and 5000T. The 1200T is a bit of a dogs balls unfortunately and all it would have taken was to machine a tiny amount off the botton edge of the case side to make it center properly. Just my opinion based on nitpicking aesthetics

I'll post a few images later to illustrate the above

Pete

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
The 1200T is a bit of a dogs balls unfortunately and all it would have taken was to machine a tiny amount off the botton edge of the case side to make it center properly.
If you "remove" enough of the case side to center the HRV, what would that thickness be compared to a 1000T?

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you "remove" enough of the case side to center the HRV, what would that thickness be compared to a 1000T?
I have a picture of what a 1000 and a 1200 is side by side to showcase the difference in size of the case thickness.

~Tony

·
Registered
636 Posts
My concern is that if you accidently hit the case at the top of the case where the HRV is, it could cause the valve to malfunction since the case appears thin right there. Some of my other Doxa's have dings right in that area.

Wayne

·
Registered
570 Posts
Without measuring; the valve looks centered to me if you take the whole case into consideration and not just the area where its located.
The crown has the about same look to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts