WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not yet a Doxa owner but hope to be very soon. I am trying to decide between ordering a new 1200T Professional vs. finding a nice, pre-owned 1200T Diving With Legends (now sold out). While I may slightly prefer the look of (and history behind) the DWL, a new 1200T would be fantastic too.

Which do you prefer -- do you like the uncluttered 1200T Pro dial or the DWL LE dial?

Would a pre-owned DWL likely set me back more (or less) than a new 1200T? Given that condition is a factor, let's assume the DWL was in great shape -- either 'like new' or close.

Here are pictures of both watches:

1200T Professional:

1200T Diving With Legends:

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Well of course I'm biased but I would say go for a DWL if you can find one :) It is based on a 1200T but with a different dial and caseback. It should also come with the DWL book which is no longer available in print format. 99 were made but with the ones given to the DWL contributors and I'd say the few that were held over for internal requirements, there may have only been about 60 or 70 actually available to the general public. With the DWL you are also getting a watch that belongs to a select few of the world's top divers. The problem will be finding one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Flyingdoctor. After looking into the pre-owned market for a DWL (as best I could), it appears that the prices of limited edition Doxas can escalate -- not surprising by any means. While the DWL is still my favorite Doxa (and one I would wear rather than stow away), I think it makes more sense to opt for a new 1200T Professional. All of which makes me also consider the dark blue NUMA that is still available from Doxa! That said, it might have to be orange ;-)

·
Sinn Moderator
9,697 Posts
While I like the looks of both, I prefer the 1200T Professional. When I decided I wanted to add a Doxa to my collection I decided it had to be the 1200T Professional. I like the look, size and weight. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It's a bummer that the prices can go sky high for a DWL, but if you can find one at a reasonable price, I would go for a DWL. Personally, I am a huge fan of what some call the cluttered dial. These dials sort of continue the old tradition of the US Divers dialed Subs. Call me a sucker, but I like there to be a logo between 7 and 8 o'clock.

·
14,572 Posts
I have recently been "weeding-out" my collection of a few watches that I no longer wear. I can tell you that there is one Doxa Sub that will never be leaving, and that is the DWL. I went to the dive show where the watches were presented to the legends, and it was a memorable experience for me being a diver. Pete, your DWL watch will always be a special watch in my collection.

Spend the extra money and find a DWL. It would be the perfect watch to grow old with you, and 20 years from now a couple hundred extra bucks for a real connection to dive legends.......you won't be sorry you spent the money.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have recently been "weeding-out" my collection of a few watches that I no longer wear. I can tell you that there is one Doxa Sub that will never be leaving, and that is the DWL. I went to the dive show where the watches were presented to the legends, and it was a memorable experience for me being a diver. Pete, your DWL watch will always be a special watch in my collection.

Spend the extra money and find a DWL. It would be the perfect watch to grow old with you, and 20 years from now a couple hundred extra bucks for a real connection to dive legends.......you won't be sorry you spent the money.
I totally agree with Jason here.

Michael

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Same church, different pew :-!

Doxa 600 Divingstar.JPG

·
Sponsor
1,500 Posts
As they are finishing the 1200T I've just ordered the Professional and Doxa told me they have a few left, a few could mean thousands but you never know, I'll post pics when it comes I will be glad to be a Doxa owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts