WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A vast majority prefers the Onion Crown.

This poll is now closed

This thread is only to be used for voting on the crown for the
Japanese Pilot Watch in the 2016 WUS Peacock Project.

Refer to the Design- and General Discussion Threads for exactly that, your comments, suggestions and discussions

Please read the voting instructions carefully:

• Only members who have expressed their interest “officially” and are included in the registry, are eligible to vote (we cross-reference votes against this registry).
  • Also, can we please ask that only those with intentions to buy this particular version of the 2016 WUS Peacock Project watches do vote in this poll
  • 3 (three) choices MUST be made or your vote will NOT be counted. Voting will close in one week (October 2).
  • All voting on this issue will use the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system. Each person ranks the list of options being voted on in order of preference. You place the number of your favorite choice first, your second choice second and next your third.
    For example, say my personal preference is for the Diamond-shaped crown and the Onion crown is cool too. A standard crown is just that, standard, plain, boring.
    Based on the list below, this is how I would rank my preferences: 1 – 2 – 3.
    1. Diamond Crown
    2. Onion Crown
    3. Standard Crown
  • ​The Committee will reconcile the STV results with the popular-vote standings to give the winner / final ranking. Most likely, both the winning dial design / theme, as well as the runner-up will go in to production, but there is still a fair possibility that we will be able to offer a third design.

So with all of that said, the options are:
  1. Diamond Crown

Pilot_DiamondCrown1.JPG
    Pilot_DiamondCrown2.JPG

2. Onion Crown

Pilot_OnionCrown1.JPG
    Pilot_OnionCrown2.JPG

3. Standard Crown

Pilot_CoinEdgeBezel2.JPG
    Pilot_CoinEdgeBezel1.JPG

Voting will close on Sunday, 2nd of October @22:00 (GMT)

Let the voting begin

RonB
on behalf of the 2016 WUS Peacock Project Committee

·
Registered
5,376 Posts

For interesting information, the original historic crown looks like this:

But this would have been uncomfortable on our big case when flexing the hand up.
Hence we decided to approach the design with a flatter onion crown, still reasonably true to style yet more comfortable.

Of course up to the participants to decide which style they prefer, we give choice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
please ignore previous comment, since I'm not eligible to vote for this design.

sorry mod, learned from my mistake, and will not make it again.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
please ignore previous comment, since I'm not eligible to vote for this design.

sorry mod, learned from my mistake, and will not make it again.
If you are interested in buying the watch (and the design is almost final now) then feel free to register, you can vote then as well.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It is really hard for me to choose between 1 and 2. 3 is a long way off.

So I'll vote 2-1-3

I think 2 is a little closer to the original, but I think I like the looks of 1 better.... so really, either way :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.