WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
That thing is beat to hell, why would you want to buy a watch that looks like it got skipped down the street...twice? The clasp, case, everything, really bad man. The bezel looks heavily faded from the picks and the finish is missing in few places. The font looks wrong to me on the bezel as well, but that is just at glance. Not sure if that is correct for a "Y" serial but it is not the current font. The bracelet is very loose at the lugs, I think you would be better saving a little more than buying this one IMO.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm with Nasty...Hey, I like the sound of that.

Seriously. This would be about $2900 US. It does look beat up - And it's on Flea Bay.

The "GM" on the back must have been some pricey executive General Motors gift / bonus. Explains why GM is in the shape it is in now :roll:

·
Registered
257 Posts
That model is an excellent choice!

I wouldn't touch it.

The chance on getting a "deal" on something as readily saleable as a Rolex Submariner are very slim.

Spend some time deciding if you really want one. Then get a good deal on one, new or used, from a reputable seller.

I think that is the best way to do it.

John

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
okay, but what do you think,... how much money is this watch worth?
It is already over what I would pay for it personally, aesthetically it is non-repairable with all the nicks, dings, and scratches. To answer your question it is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay
I come from Germany and I'm only a few hours away from the seller, so now my question:
According to Seller, the image of the bezel only seems so and it is in nature, like new.
Also, some scratches seem that way.
I will meet tomorrow morning with him and wanted to make one last question addressed to you.
Pay attention to what I need to evaluate in this clock?
What should be a maximum spend?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
okay, you are right, but it is an strong limited watch,....
Actually the fact that it's engraved "GM" trashes the re-sale value.
No one's going to want that except a very few people.
It's in bad shape and "altered".
I might pay 500$ for it but I doubt it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts