WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

14K Diamond Ladies Watch Identification.

281 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DON 
#1 ·
I got possession of this watch today and am curious about it. Someone was going to put it in the church yardsale even though she was told there may be diamonds in it. She gave it, and several quartz watches, to me in hopes of getting them running to sell. My girlfriend loved it so we gave a donation for it. On closer inspection with my loop I do believe there are diamonds. On the end of the case is marked 14K. The clasp is marked 10K RGP. It runs and is still on time for the 8 hours I've had it.

I pulled the back off and the movement came off with it, attached to the back, so I couldn't ID any numbers on the movement. Don't want to dig further into it. I did notice some corrosion around the edges. Below the 6 the finish has come off of the face.

Can anyone give me some further information? I haven't been able to find this particular watch through Google or eBay.

Thank you. Fashion accessory Jewellery Chain Body jewelry Metal
Body jewelry Fashion accessory Jewellery Silver Metal
Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery Finger Silver

See less See more
#2 ·
Probably real diamonds. That back should just pop off. You will see a little lip where you can pull it up with a thin blade or even your thumbnail. The movement will come right out of the case dial, crown and all. With the deco style, probably be around the 40's or 50's. Won't know that until the movement is identified.

#3 ·
Well, clearly both the dial and the case back identify it as having been made by Hamilton, a well-known and long-established company.

With some patience, the movement, complete with crown and dial, should gently prise apart from the case back thus exposing the movement for some pictures which would tell us more. Avoid using the dial as a prise point.

Regards.

#8 ·
Ladies Hamilton. Scrape gold value with little value to the diamonds due to size. Side are chips. Ends slightly larger, but still in the chip category.

It's a piece of jewellery. Under $100.00 due to condition.

Check Ebays completed auctions to get a price

DON

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.