WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever see this watch bracelet in hand? I am not expecting OEM quality but otherwise I am wondering if otherwise the quality is there?

20mm 14k Gold Two Tone Oyster Watch Band for 16233 Rolex Datejust | eBay

There are other similar bracelets out there which are plated vs gold filled and are about 1/10 the cost. But does GF guarantee it to be a better product than a plated model?

I know this might be taboo to some but I am not going to spend the money to get an OEM product.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
For those wishing to upgrade or replace a Rolex bracelet, but not necessarily spend the money for the real deal, aftermarket bracelets fill the void quite well. In fact, except for people like us who over analyze everything about our fine watches, most likely no one else would realize that it's not factory Rolex.

As for the quality of gold filled versus gold plate versus solid gold...plate is probably the most fragile and prone to showing scratches down to the base metal. In the aftermarket, quality of workmanship is king for bracelets and paying a higher price is probably better than buying a cheap rendition of a bracelet.

This particular seller seems to have a long and good reputation and if I were in your position, I'd probably be comfortable with the purchase, and if once received, it looked or felt like junk, I'd just not mount it, wipe off my fingerprints and return it for credit. For the price of return postage, it doesn't seem like a high risk proposition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts