WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I sent some emails out today with instructions on making final payments. If you haven't received yours yet, don't worry as I'm send the rest on Thursday and Friday.

Our watches should be ready in late November to eary December and I'll start sending them after they pass my personal QC. Not much longer now!

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
:-!

Reactions: hked

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Hi guys,

I sent some emails out today with instructions on making final payments. If you haven't received yours yet, don't worry as I'm send the rest on Thursday and Friday.

Our watches should be ready in late November to early December and I'll start sending them after they pass my personal QC. Not much longer now!

Are you sure you want to ask for final payment so far in advance from delivery? especially given the high possibility that further delays do happen? After all, this is not kickstarter where you do get full payment. Congrats on nemo getting funded on Kickstarter.

As eager as we all are to wear this beautiful emperor is, unexpected hiccups may surface and shipping becomes further postponed perhaps alienating the pre-ordered buyers now expect this 2017 project to be delivered in December 2018. Should we all wait for the The "should be ready in late November to early December" to a posting that states "Will certainly be ready ....". Just saying. to engender more conviction.

Personally and in principle, I rather part with the money/remaining 50% when you are closer to shipping. And, I am sorry and excuse myself if you had already mentioned that the final payment would be 2 months in advance or invoiced arbitrarily. That said, if we need the money to complete the project and pay suppliers, great, by all means I am happy to disburse to help the cause. Just level with us - we can handle full transparency

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Are you sure you want to ask for final payment so far in advance from delivery? especially given the high possibility that further delays do happen? After all, this is not kickstarter where you do get full payment. Congrats on nemo getting funded on Kickstarter.

As eager as we all are to wear this beautiful emperor is, unexpected hiccups may surface and shipping becomes further postponed perhaps alienating the pre-ordered buyers now expect this 2017 project to be delivered in December 2018. Should we all wait for the The "should be ready in late November to early December" to a posting that states "Will certainly be ready ....". Just saying. to engender more conviction.

Personally and in principle, I rather part with the money/remaining 50% when you are closer to shipping. And, I am sorry and excuse myself if you had already mentioned that the final payment would be 2 months in advance or invoiced arbitrarily. That said, if we need the money to complete the project and pay suppliers, great, by all means I am happy to disburse to help the cause. Just level with us - we can handle full transparency
It is one month in advance, that is we expect the watches to arrive for our inspection by end of november.
Indeed we will need to cough up money for the oem and don’t want to be scrambling at the last moment..
If you browse the subforums, you will notice that the core team delivered last year’s project largely on time - with some blue dial variants needed to be rebuild (we do thorough checks), and Hked’s previous projects were all well delivered.
This is a cost recovery project by an experienced team, we are confident that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality/price ratio.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Sounds good. I was wrong anyways, we are presumably 1 month away unless they ship at the very end of December.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know we are supposed to keep this forum civil but Imbition is making it hard!?! You have to check your tone and understand that this project has a top notch team behind it! ...if you are so concerned about your HUGE investment, I’m prepared to buy out your share to keep your negativism out of this thread.

I’m very grateful that we had such a strong team behind this project....and all indications from the reviews is that the final product will be superb!!!

So dial down the annoying sarcasm and skepticism please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I wanted to confirm with our manufacturer before replying to your post, and final production is scheduled for completion at the end of November. Asking for final payments one month in advance is standard practice as it usually takes at least 2-3 weeks for them all to be collected. In addition, all QC, packaging and shipping will be done by me, myself and I. So I like to prepare and print out shipping forms prior to completion of our watches, and this will certainly help speed up the whole process.

Approximate payment dates were posted several times previously, so I don’t think this thread should come as a surprise to those who have checked in from time to time. I’m not sure what you mean by full transparency, but feel free to ask any questions you have now. I have a feeling I won’t have time to comment or participate come December :)

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Great. Feel free to invoice me as expected for final payment

Reactions: hked

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I had to pay mine in full early just to ensure I didn't spend that $$ on a different watch! Really looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Yup, around 6 more weeks ..... :)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I wanted to confirm with our manufacturer before replying to your post, and final production is scheduled for completion at the end of November. Asking for final payments one month in advance is standard practice as it usually takes at least 2-3 weeks for them all to be collected. In addition, all QC, packaging and shipping will be done by me, myself and I. So I like to prepare and print out shipping forms prior to completion of our watches, and this will certainly help speed up the whole process.

Approximate payment dates were posted several times previously, so I don’t think this thread should come as a surprise to those who have checked in from time to time. I’m not sure what you mean by full transparency, but feel free to ask any questions you have now. I have a feeling I won’t have time to comment or participate come December :)
I would like to add, echoing the reviews, that I am sure everyone will be very pleased. The quality of the watch is excellent and it has great personality.
Btw, if possible timing due to my little twins, I plan to help Ed with the QC (we are both in hong kong).

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Now I am going to start complaining that I have not received the invoice for final payment. Just kidding , enjoy I entered into rehab to already accept it may arrive in 2019 and that is okay

Reactions: hked and Carl.1

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All final payment emails have been sent. Please email me [email protected] if you haven’t received yours.

Please try and complete payment within a week or so, as I need time to print shipping labels etc. Shipping delays may occur if I don’t receive all outstanding payments by mid to late November. Thank you all!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts