WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
It may just be that I need to give this sometime (sic) to get used to it as I'm currently used to not wearing a watch at all.
If you're not used to wearing a watch, no watch (or strap combo) made is going to feel like you're not wearing one. The more you wear it, the more comfortable it will seem - simply because you get used to it and stop thinking about it all the time. (NPI)

·
Registered
813 Posts
There are a number of aftermarket companies out there which make "cut-to-fit" rubber deployant straps and clasps. I bought a very inexpensive one from Amazon a long time ago, and more recently a Breitling OE one for my SuperOcean heritage. No overlap this way, so they have the custom and close fit you're looking for. Nicer clasps like this also have a pushbutton adjustment so you can vary width pretty substantially; I'd guess that the Breitling one gives at least 1.5cm of variance.

Not my picture but this is how they work; I'm a big fan since, like you, I prefer a close and "finished-looking" fit.
Natural material Grey Material property Beige Jewellery

Omega may offer something similar, I'm not sure. The Breitling one ran something around $400, including clasp, from the AD.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts