WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a regular in the Sinn forum and I am thinking of returning to the Rolex world...I just wondered what is a reasonable price for a 1655, one owner with paperwork and serviced?
Thanks David

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello David

Well, things have definitely moved upwards recently on these watches.

One with all the goodies will set you back over US$15,000. There's a couple on ebay. I think I saw one a few moments ago for around US$25,000 or there abouts.

Good luck.

John.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Last year I could have bought them for a fraction of they present price.
I just saw one of the nicest around which just sold for $10500.00. I think they stated prices are a little high. Maybe not for a red SD but high for a white. JMHO =) maverick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Assuming we are talking about the EXPII ref 1655, the prices have gone up quite a bit in the past year or so.

Current market is anywhere between 2-4 times the price of a modern new EXPII. Like all vintage Rolex pieces, the prices just keep going up and up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming we are talking about the EXPII ref 1655, the prices have gone up quite a bit in the past year or so.

Current market is anywhere between 2-4 times the price of a modern new EXPII. Like all vintage Rolex pieces, the prices just keep going up and up.
Many thanks to you all for the posts. Appreciated. I will think this over, it is a lot of money to pay, but it is the only Rolex for me - there are too many Rolex Subs around in London, and the EXPII 1655 is very, very different.

I've been involved with Sinn for quite some time, but well, I feel the need to return to a Rolex.

Thanks again David

·
Registered
529 Posts
Last year I could have bought them for a fraction of they present price.
I just saw one of the nicest around which just sold for $10500.00. I think they stated prices are a little high. Maybe not for a red SD but high for a white. JMHO =) maverick
Sorry, my mistake. I though you were referring to the 1665, not the 1655. Of course Clifton is an expert on these. :-X =) maverick

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, my mistake. I though you were referring to the 1665, not the 1655. Of course Clifton is an expert on these. :-X =) maverick
Thanks again all. There was a nice one on Ebay.uk, gone now unfortunately, with all paperwork and original face/hands, looked to be very good condition. It sold for almost £8K GBP which is a bit too pricey for me right now, but I'll keep my eyes open for another over the next few months. Thanks again David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts