WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning and please forgive the question, I have looked but maybe not hard enough.
A (Y) serial 2003 16570 Polar - do you know off hand if the original dial was a Tritium (Swiss - T < 25) Also case was a Holes case with SEL ?
I have seen very few with that dial with that serial or date range. Most have the Swiss Made, Holes case with NON SEL.

·
4,393 Posts
All P series ExIIs all had Super Luminova (Swiss Made) dials, SELs and drilled trough lugs.

·
4,393 Posts
Sorry. Y was transitional. Some had blind lugs some drilled, the rest applies through.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my follow up question is, lets say you did find a Y serial Polar complete set unpolished but it had a tritium dial and hand set, would you still purchase. If so would you pay less or more for it a current market value for a correct dial and handset.

·
4,393 Posts
If that we’re the case, then something would be seriously off about that watch. Rolex stoped using tritium in 1997.

I would heavily advise against buying this watch. It does not add up based on the information you have provided.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts