WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have a MkII Hawkinge that I recently acquired and I like it a lot. I did not think that I could wear a 38mm watch and I was prepared to flip it upon reception but I was pleasantly surprised and it wears like a charm.

Only thing, this has 18mm lugs and most of my Nato straps are 20-22 mm. I'm now getting spoiled by "premium" type of Natos with high quality hardware, soft fabric and high comfort. My Hawkinge came with a few straps to mix things up, but they are "entry-grade" run-of-the-mill 10$ type. I've ordered some Phoenix Natos from UK and I am quite disappointed by them; they feel like plastic and they are only heat sealed.

I'm searching for something comparable to my ToxicNatos, Dagaz and other high quality soft straps but they are quite rare in the 18mm size. I definitely prefer a Nato strap and not a RAF-type or zulu on this watch.

Any suggestions for this one?

Cheers!

S.

Reactions: SaoDavi

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I'm not sure what defines "premium", but my favorites as far as quality are: Blueshark, Toxic, and Time Factors. I've given away all of my other brands that weren't as well made.

I still have to try StrapCode and Eulit Perlon straps.

Not sure which, if any, come in 18mm.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what defines "premium", but my favorites as far as quality are: Blueshark, Toxic, and Time Factors. I've given away all of my other brands that weren't as well made.

I still have to try StrapCode and Eulit Perlon straps.

Not sure which, if any, come in 18mm.
Thanks,

I'll try TimeFactors but their website is a pain to navigate and the "online cart" is always closed when I check them, I'll have to recheck them tuesday morning....The straps look like the Toxic ones but they come in 18mm, probably made of the same fabric so I'll surely give them a try.

The Blushark ones look great too, but the shipping cost is a bit extreme to Canada so I'll try the TF ones first.

Cheers,

S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts