1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It's hard to say much about it just based on the case and dial; those things were pretty generic. The real interesting bit is inside the second caseback, which should have a small gap somewhere around the edge for opening it. Inside could be anything from cheap functional 7 jewel knockabout movement to a top end Railroad grade movement. Since it says "Omega" on the dial, it's probably an Omega movement from the Omega 19 family; Regina was actually a separate company that merged with Omega in the early 20th century, and seems to have been most common in Canada.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,638 Posts
Are you sure that is the serial number of the movement? I can't see the movement serial number in that photo (though I can see that number on the cuvette) which leads me to think it will be under the dial - which is where the earlier Omega's were marked.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh i just realized the two numbers i posted are the same... However, i am not going to remove the movement to view the number. It's a bit too much of a hassle and i don't have the correct tools (or experience) to do it safely.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
No worries; it's a pretty standard Omega 15j watch from the early 20th century. A serial number would allow us to give you a more specific date, but its not all that important in the grand scheme. These Omega's were produced in the hundreds of thousands. They're solid workhorses that are easy to fix for a competent watchmaker, with lots of spare parts available. A service, a polish, and you've got a heirloom that'll be functional for another hundred years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts