WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine in Prague recently dropped his 1930's 18k Rolex Price 'Brancard' (...) The balance pivot appears to have broken and the crystal was cracked. I like to tinker a bit myself but I won't touch a watch of this caliber :roll:

Does anyone here know a watchmaker in Prague (or closeby in southern Germany) with good references concerning high end vintage watches?

Alternatively a watchmaker in Manhattan which is where my friend will be next week.

rolex-brancard.JPG

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
A friend of mine in Prague recently dropped his 1930's 18k Rolex Price 'Brancard' (...) The balance pivot appears to have broken and the crystal was cracked. I like to tinker a bit myself but I won't touch a watch of this caliber :roll:

Does anyone here know a watchmaker in Prague (or closeby in southern Germany) with good references concerning high end vintage watches?

Alternatively a watchmaker in Manhattan which is where my friend will be next week.

View attachment 5057441

I can't help you but my heart goes out to your friend

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oof, seeing that just hurts.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Parts aren't that hard to come by; this is the same movement that was used in the (at the time) higher quality Gruen. Although by now, most of the Gruens have been redialed to be Rolex's, 'cause they sell better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts