WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Typical size for the period. Very nice looking watch - I dig the two-tone dial. Looks like it got a little wet inside at some point.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Judging from the house at the KY address, the watch was bought about a decade after Hughes' house was built. Aren't inscriptions interesting? :)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The dial is a little worse for wear. It looks better in person. I'd hate to refinish it, though.
I really don't mind a little patina...Gives a watch some character. I would only refinish in total last resort.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi,Do

I don't know if you have ID the watch yet, but it is a VeriThin Nomad. I gave a 14K yellow gold one as a gift to my best man when I got married, except that was 2005. :) It was inscribed with a date of 1945. I have one in pink goldfill too. They are nice looking watches and seemingly produced by Gruen starting about 1941.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,Do

I don't know if you have ID the watch yet, but it is a VeriThin Nomad. I gave a 14K yellow gold one as a gift to my best man when I got married, except that was 2005. :) It was inscribed with a date of 1945. I have one in pink goldfill too. They are nice looking watches and seemingly produced by Gruen starting about 1941.
Great info! Thanks! I knew it was a Veri-Thin (obviously) but I didn't know it was a Nomad. I'll add that info to my text file about it. Mine is also 14k solid gold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts