WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi there
i have this no-name dial ingersoll mickey mouse watch . it looks to be original and still working . as you can see it needs a new crystal but when i gave it a closer look i noticed that it said MADE IN UK AND USA on the dial but every other example i have saw has MADE IN USA on it . would i be right in thinking that this watch was produced for the british market therefore less being produced . any input most welcome
thanks robert m-m front2.JPG m-m back2.JPG m-m price tag.JPG m-m strap back.JPG m-m strap 2.JPG m-m buckle.JPG just added a clip on youtube . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anXR1hQHTC0

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,053 Posts
Nice looking original Mickey watch. The answer to your question will probably come from one of the Ingersoll or Mickey watch collecting sites.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
very difficult to fake that kind of natural ageing / patina - looks good -very interesting history to these watches and Ingersoll - Mickey mouse all but saved the company financially - they ceased production of these watches during the latter ww2 years and then recontinued post war with the model you have - also prior to that these watches mostly carried a sub seconds dial - lovely old piece USTGPl3.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very much for the sensible answers . it was the made in UK that has got me thinking . i no that there were less off the no-name versions made as they were only made for a year or so and then the ingersoll name was put back on the dial as it was not selling . so i no there will a lot of these watches about but the dial itself could that be even less common than the no-name dial with just MADE IN USA on it . by the way i had no interest in watches then i repaired an old dogma chrono with a valjoux 7733 and this mickey is my first purchase .
thanks for reading robert

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Cool find. I've been casually picking up Mickey/Disney watches for my little ones (3 and 5) as a way to introduce them to watches. They are the only ones who wear watches in their school, but the other kids think the watches are cool. Its a great way to get kids started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts