WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow I love it! Congratz on a great piece, absolutly stunning.
I don't think you should get it serviced tho, you better just sell it to me right away ;)

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So today I noticed what looked to be a mark on the centre of the crystal.. on closer inspection it turned out to be an Omega symbol.. my question now is whether a correct crystal for this model?? or is there an Omega connection going back in watch history??

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
So today I noticed what looked to be a mark on the centre of the crystal.. on closer inspection it turned out to be an Omega symbol.. my question now is whether a correct crystal for this model?? or is there an Omega connection going back in watch history??
I can not imagine that they had a partnership and that Omega has delivered Longines with glass. Probably the glass afterwards is replaced.

Best

Anders

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Response from Longines..

Further to your request, we are pleased to provide the information contained in Longines' handwritten registers.

Originally, the serial number 10'115'924 identifies a wristwatch in stainless steel bearing the reference 9000, part of the Conquest collection. It is fitted with a Longines mechanical self-winding movement, caliber 19AS and has a 14 ct gold medallion at the back of the watch. It was invoiced on 09.07.1957 to the company Maclaine, Watson et C°, which was at that time our agent for Singapore.

·
Registered
12,786 Posts
Cheeky sod has posted this thread complete on another forum and changed all the names of those posting..

1956 Longines Conquest - Longines - WatchTalkForum

Anyone know who this is?
Looks like some sort of zombie forum? They literally lifted the entire thread and just changed the user names. Somebody has too much time on their hands.

Oh, and beautiful watch! How's it running?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts