WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen and ladies,

First off, I am a total novice when it comes to the world of watches and have only recently gained interest and began to learn about their intricacies. So, with that in mind, please excuse any ametuer remarks or questions I may make or ask. I try to read more than post, but I feel this potential purchase warrants advice from those much more knowledgeable, such as yourselves.

Yesterday, while perusing a local store for a new band, I came across what I believe to be a 1957 Tudor Oyster Prince on an aftermarket leather strap for just under one thousand dollars. I briefly looked over it and it appeared to have been polished at one, or many, points in its life, but not outrageously. It appealed to me but I was in a rush and didn’t have the time to photograph it or ask many questions. I intend on returning shortly to give it further review. Any insight you have on what to look out for or which questions to ask the shop owner/repair person on regarding a vintage watch, especially one of this type, would be much appreciated. Also, the price seemed a bit low compared to what I’ve seen on the internet. Should that be cause for concern, or rather a reason to make haste with the purchase? I’m sure my lack of detail on the watch makes this a hard question to answer...

If given permission, I’ll take a few photos this week when I return and post them here to help with any assessment.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
A Tudor Oyster Prince under $1K is not unusual. People want crazy prices sometimes but I suggest hitting up the eBay completed and sold for "Tudor Oyster Prince".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unsure of its service history. I’ll be sure to ask.

Thank you for the eBay tip. I’ll follow up with some research this evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts