WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking at a NOS 1960s Fantome automatic watch with an ETA 2770 movement. It is mint being NOS and is selling for about 140 Euro. Does anyone have any information on Fantome? How were they regarded quality wise back in the day?

Thanks.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,135 Posts
Some pictures would definitely help. And that includes the movement. I have never heard of Fantome. Mikrolisk lists a "Couronne Fantome" as being a subbrand of Rolex.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good point about the pics! Sorry! These are the seller pics so hope okay to post. My searches don't bring up anything of use.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks HR, I appreciate the info. The seller claims that it is an ETA 2770 movement. What is this movement rated like? Would a watch using this movement be considers good or average? Any info of the Swiss maker of Fantome?

Thanks,

SJ

(replying from phone so sorry for short hand!)

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,135 Posts
ETA made some of the best generic movements - it's no wonder that, out of all the ESA makers plus the rest, they survived practically alone. I'm afraid the seller is having you on, though - the ETA 2770 looks like this:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 2770

...and doesn't have the "covered balance wheel cock" of the ETA 2450 series.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Harmut. I see the difference alright. I will put his claim down to a genuine mistake and will go for it as it looks so clean. Thanks again! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts