WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this watch in early 2006 and have worn it less than half a dozen times. I recently started a business and am trying to raise additional funds. Additional photos below.

IMG_0648.JPG Gold-filled, automatic. Stick markers, gold hands. Omega logo on crown. Black leather Hirsch strap with gold buckle. Keeps good time. Quite thin, I haven't measured it but it's very pleasant on the wrist.

Omega Seamaster Deville presentation watches are fairly unusual, they special-ordered for company ceremonies. The back has an engraved back plate, and the "Seamaster" legend is replaced with a curious triangle/delta with a bird/falcon flying across it (EDIT: NOW IDENTIFIED AS THE NORTH AMERICAN AVIATION LOGO!). The reverse is engraved "B.B. WILLIAMS; RETIRED 3-31-70; 32 YEARS." The inscription plus a search of the Omega vintage database website puts it at mid-late 1960's.

I'm not an expert, would ballpark it in the 92-95% scale, there is a very small flaw or tool mark about the width of a hair and just under 1/4" at the 11:00 position- never bothered me and I can't get it to show up in photographs, suspect a watchmaker could easily resolve the issue. The hour hand has a little bit of patina, which I quite like.

Appraised in 2008 for $500; I'll take $300 shipped CONUS from New Orleans, hoping for quick sale. Also advertised elsewhere.

Sorry I'm not a very good photographer, if you want me to take additional pics (or have photo tips!), feel free to let me know. The marks on the buckle are fingerprints, not scratches. Likewise the pink tinge in the first photo is reflection from my hands, the face color, like most De Villes of this era, is a sort of metallized neutral tone.

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts