WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted one of these, but I've never seen one in person. I suppose this would be considered my "grail" watch, since I've never really felt I needed one badly enough to actively pursue the purchase, yet it constantly calls to me. I believe they used the Cal. 321 movement. I know they are a bit small-ish, by today's standards, at around 36mm. I already have a 34mm 1961 Seamaster that typically only gets worn on dressier occasions, when I want something slim and sleek to disappear easily under my cuff. I would want to wear this anytime, though. Not having seen one up close, I don't want to build the watch up in my mind to be something I'm disappointed in when I actually get to hold one. So, I wondered if any WUS members have some owner reviews or opinions to share on one of these. Is it one you'll never give up, or was it a catch and release...and why? TIA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too am very much about these Cal 321 chronos, that one you've pictured above is lovely on the beads of rice. Super gorgeous watches, you know I did wonder if the flash at the end of spectre of a ST101.010 would spur interest in this kind of chrono but I guess not! Wonderful taste though!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
What were your main tell tails on the re-dial? The only thing that stands out to me on a second look is the fletching on the arrow?

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
I'd love to have one of these, and to me, the 36mm is a feature, not a bug. Great watch and I'd say undervalued though they are going up based on the movement.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I looked at one at a watch fair last year , i couldnt justify the cost . I thought it was too small and I only collect vintage watches !

The one I looked at was 18 kt gold and seller wanted £5,000 , I ended up purchasing this instead.

Better size , same movement and easier to sell if I need to .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts